“little gem in shawlands”
Review of Nachos - CLOSED

Nachos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the first time last night - we were actually going to head somewhere else but when we saw the reviews we thought we might miss something if we didn't try it :)

Food was very tasty, boyfriend had beef and it was very tender. I asked for extra jalapenos in my dish and they certainly didn't scrimp on the spicyness!! Refried beans were nom nom nom!

We had lovely cocktails before dinner, mine was a french martini and was as good as I've tasted anywhere else. Certainly not overprice(d) as some people claim the drinks are! Much the opposite for what I would expect to pay for a cocktail actually! Hardly a rip off....

I've read a couple of bad reviews on this page and I think it's a shame the way people have slated the place....Mexican is a pretty rustic way of cooking I think and you can only ever expect so much but we had a lovely dinner, drinks were scrumptious, food was tasty and hearty and the staff were 100% polite and genuine. Staff are obviously working their bums off trying to provide a friendly, personal, local service to their customers and that's exactly what we found it to be. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank plastikjan

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We ( 3 couples in our 40/50s ) thoroughly enjoyed our first dining experience at Nachos and we will definitely return.
The food, the service and the atmosphere was first class.

1  Thank Rover6Glasgow
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Myself and a friend decided to give Nachos a go after reading some great reviews on Trip Advisor about both the food and the service. We were not disappointed! We arrived early evening and the restaurant was quiet, but the manageress was friendly and provided a personal touch which made us feel very welcome.
There were many good deals on the menu, but we decided to go for the £25.95 deal which provided us with 2 starters (one being Nachos), 2 main courses and two drinks (we went for 2 bottles of Sol).
To start off we both shared a portion of nachos and a calamari starter. The food tasted fresh and delicious and the accompanying side salad with the calamari was delicious in itself. The calamari was succulent and well seasoned and melted in the mouth, it was accompanied by a lovely dip which only enhanced the flavour further. The nachos were equally tasty, with melted cheese, soured cream, fresh guacamole and fresh and zingy salsa!
For our mains we ordered chicken burrito and chicken enchilada. We were both very impressed with the presentation, with both meals coming with a generous portion of seasoned rice, re-fried beans and salad. The burrito and enchilada were huge and delicious. The chicken inside both was tender and very well seasoned. After we finished, we decided to ask about any desserts and were told by the manageress that churros were on the menu. If there is one reason to go to Nachos, then it could be to try the churros themselves.... They were fantastic! Coiled crispy churros (very similar to donuts) dipped in sugar, with a generous portion of chocolate dipping sauce! This was the perfect end to a delicious meal and I will be recommending Nachos to all of my friends who live in and around the southside.
We will definitely be back again, thank you!

1  Thank EmpireCoffeeBox
Nachosglasgow N, Owner at Nachos, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. It is good to hear that you were very pleased with Nachos. It is always disheartening to read a review which condemns your business deliberately, especially when it is posted 6 months after the alleged visit (Girls' Night Out). We do take great pride in our food and service. We are your friendly, local, informal Mexican.....we welcome all our customers and do our utmost to make their evening enjoyable. Hope to see you very soon! Thank you.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We thought we would try this restaurant as it had not long opened. On arrival staff were pleasant but the food was cold! It also made two out of the three of us sick!!! We did complain to the management but they didn't seem bothered. We will not be visiting again and I would not recommend it either.

Nachosglasgow N, Owner at Nachos, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

I have noted your complaint. What night were you in, what time and what did you have to eat? How much was your bill? We can easily check if you give us this information. To whom did you complain? Please let me know as I have not been informed of this by management or chefs and they are unaware of this complaint. Furthermore, if there was any complaint it would have been addressed immediately. Please get in touch. If you don't I will assume that this review was posted deliberately.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I recently visited Nachos with a few friends and i was very pleased with my visit. I ordered a few tapas dishes which were lovely and they were just the right amount, i also ordered a Fajita which tasted amazing. It was a very cold night so the spices of the food heated me right up. The waitress was very attentive too and was on hand if you needed anything. The manageress was also very attentive too and made sure we were very comfortable and assured us if we needed anything else to just ask. She was very polite and patient as i was stuck for choice as there was so many delicious dishes to choose from. I had a margarita which was very nice and complimented my meal. I would highly recommend this restaurant as you feel very comfortable the moment you walk in.

1  Thank Danielle18_F