“Wery nice”
Review of Asmaan Tandoori - CLOSED

Asmaan Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A versatile eating experience that can now be sampled in glasgow "THE SUNDAY TIMES"Like us on facebook.. Asmaan Restaurant
Reviewed June 7, 2014

8.mai 2014
My 60th birthday ,so glad to have chosen this restaurant
When in Glasgow we will ba back :)

2  Thank gegilsson

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

At our second visit to Glasgow we due to flights and further arrived quite late evening. We went to a few places to get food but we're not very lucky as some kitchens rather go home than serve.
By luck we found the open door of Asmaan Tandoori - well actually the business was just serving the last guest and about to close but nevertheless we were invited in and got served by a very friendly gentleman (guess the owner).
We got some awesome great food served and even at this late hour the staff had time to chat with us.
That's service (and nice food).
Some would claim it's to much of a home than a restaurant but it's very authentic. ---- and we will be back

Thank you for serving us.

Bo Harbeck
luxembourg

3  Thank Bo H
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Once again we enjoyed a warm welcome from familiar staff. The service is efficient, thoughtful and respectful. The surroundings are homely yet exotic. The kitchen is visible and unsophisticated. The food, freshly cooked to a high standard. The nan bread arrives hot, crisp and perfect. My lamb balti was sublime - my husband's chicken and pineapple savoured with relish. Empty plates were a testament to a delicious lunch. We'll be back - again and again and again. Thank you Asmaan Tandoori.

3  Thank 12helenmabon
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I suspect much of their business comes from first timers that happen upon the place, like me. At first glance it seems hospitable enough, with a large menu and seemingly reasonable prices. Once seated however all that changes. Firstly the seats were horrible, long since needing replacement as I sunk nearly through the thing. The interior is dirty and needing a total rehab, the tables, wall coverings, flooring and decorations are at least a generation old. Service was slow, almost like they were doing you a favor by coming by. Upon ordering the waiters then try to get you to buy starters, additional sauces, drinks, wine, etc.

I ordered a chicken curry and it was clear they used previously grilled tandoori chicken in the curry, a bad move, the naan was slightly burned. Once the food was dropped off, the waiter never checked back until he saw me waving my arms. The final insult: charging 2.95 pounds for a pint of soda water with lime. The blasé waiter intimated that I could have ordered a half pint to save money. You can save your money by avoiding this dump.

2  Thank Twice_the_Money
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was our first visit, at the suggestion of an old work mate, and it turned out not bad at all. It may not particularly inviting from outside, unassumingly perched between a bookies and a Greek restaurant, but the menu had a good range of dishes, some I've never seen before.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, explaining what some the dishes were and helping us pick the sundries, etc. We even tried a few new dishes (to us) and both were very tasty. Sure, the decor is a bit bland and the background music was elevator jazz but we soon tuned that out and concentrated on the delicious food and the conversation.

Another very decent Indian restaurant to add to the list of places worth trying again.

1  Thank macindog