“Good veggie grub!”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have been to Stereo twice with my boyfriend and have enjoyed it both times! On both occasions, both of us have taken advantage of their "soup and sandwich" deal. There is a good choice of toasted sandwiches, and I went for the falafel wrap on the most recent occasion, and was not disappointed. The soup was also nice and very fresh tasting. Definitely good value for money! My only complaint was that the staff were somewhat disinterested in us and we were ignored for a good half an hour after arriving. The lady who served us on our most recent trip had a bit of an attitude problem. It was something of a let down when the food was so good! However, I would still return to Stereo as it has a lovely warm atmosphere (despite the staff) and good tasty and cheap food!

1  Thank Marcia M

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Sothe other day I had my first experience of Stereo.....and was so disappointed.

Despite the place being extremely quiet due to the time of day the staff seemed very uninterested in being helpful or even acknowledging us. Infact, they made sure to finish their conversation before asking us if we would like to be served. We were unsure whether we would be served at our table or whether we had to order at the bar but eventually we received menus and ordered our food.
I ordered the haggis pizza and my girlfriend ordered a selection from the tapas menu. For some reason my meal was served between 5 and 10 minutes before my girlfriends. Had there been a problem in the kitchen I would have understood but no excuse or even an apology was given as the staff had went back to conversing behind the bar once more.

Another gripe I have is the decor. The place could use a serious refurbishment. It all just looks so uncared for and grubby....like an old, dated school building. The furniture (which has seen better days) also feels like a mix between school furniture and garden furniture. Also, the toilets were in need of some significant repairs and could be smelled from the area we were eating.

The food itself was fairly good which is why I rated the place as 'Poor' instead of 'Terrible' but I feel Stereo may be relying to heavily on it's name. Maybe it works as a pub/venue (who knows?) but when Glasgow now has so many places that serve good vegan food I would recommend avoiding this place as an eatery altogether.

Such a pity.

2  Thank Darren N
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Thought this would be hard to find but it wasnt really - its just up a creepy looking deserted alley.

We went on a Thursday night which was quite busy - we got the last table. Service was good and didnt have to wait too long for the food.

Food itself was great quality and not too expensive. Atmosphere is relaxed.

Toilets were a bit sketchy - not many had working locks - but seemed clean enough.

This is a cool place to go though, for the atmosphere and the food.

1  Thank VeganABZ
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very trendy chic, hard to find cafe bar, lovely food for the vegans, as a veggie l was worried it would be bland , but no very tasty.well worth a visit and reasonable priced. Staff seemed fine to me will go again.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you look past Stereo's dodgy location and slow service, you'll find that the food is real star of the show. It's delicious, wholesome and also great for people with food allergies. Whether you're a vegan or a meat eater, if you're in Glasgow's city centre you should pay Stereo a visit. See my blog, written from the perspective of someone with severe food allergies, for a more detailed review... http://jtan2014.wordpress.com/