“Brilliant Buffet!”

Masala Twist West End
Ranked #332 of 2,471 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a buffet lunch in Masala Twist and were very impressed by both the quality of the food and the service. The starters were lovely, nice fresh pakora and really tasty chicken chaat; the sauce was one of the tastiest I’ve tried. Mains on offer were a variety of chicken and lamb curries as well as a delicious fish curry accompanied by pilau rice and naan bread. There was also a vegetable curry and a lentil dhal that was very good. Excellent fare for £6.99 a head (and £5.99 for students!)

1  Thank ScotchMissed
There are newer reviews for Masala Twist West End

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Dined at this place today, greeted by "have you booked?", no. Showed straight to one of the many empty tables. Ever other person who came in was asked the same question, nobody had booked, nobody was turned away!!!!. The overpriced popadums were not crisp, the onion pickle insipid and over priced. The lamb chops starter, described as tender and succulent were as tough as old boots, the samosa did a very good impression of an overstuffed Cornish pasty. Two identically coloured orange main courses which were supposed to be very different, cold mushroom rice and a passable garlic and coriander naan. £50. We were given a voucher for 25% off our next meal, I bet not many of these vouchers get used, ours certainly won't. Must be desperate for return visits but I guess there will be a few people who have never experienced anything better and think this is good. It isn't. Educationally very helpful although an expensive £50 lesson. Still there are lots more to try, but Glasgow has a long way to go to get to Harrogate, Bradford or even Inveraray standards

Reviewed June 28, 2013

After purchasing the living social voucher myself and my partner printed off the voucher and reserved our table. This would be my 4th visit to masala twist and im sorry to say my LAST.
On arrival we handed over the voucher and were seated. We ordered drinks and started browsing the menu. A few minutes later a member of staff came over to our table and said that our voucher had already been used in may. This was not the case and explained this to the gentleman. He then showed us our voucher and a copy of the other voucher which he says was used in may. When handing over the voucher you put your email address on the bottom of the voucher. Although the email address matched i assured the restaurant that we HADN`T used the voucher previously and that this was unacceptable. Thsi was highly embarrassing in front of other customers. We explained that it must have been used fraudulantly but they were not interested. On the way out the door the manager said he would give us 25% off if we stayed, however this is standard practice to get this discount via a flyer handed out on the streets so was no compensation. I didn`t have my cards with me or enough cash to pay for a full indian meal so we left highly disgusted never to return!!. Thanks Masala Twist for ruining my evening and embarassing in front of my partner.

1  Thank dougie1
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We ventured into masala twist for their lunch menu after wandering around byres rd. we were seen to quickly and allocated a lovely seat by the window. The service was good, good fresh and tasty. Portions were very large so we went home with a doggy bag!!! We will defo visit again :-)

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We had the buffet and wished we hadn't bothered. The veg pakoea was freezing , chicken pakora was as dry and tasteless as a bone. The choice of curries was poor. The chicken korma was watery , the lamb , chicken and prawn curry was the exact same sauce (couldn't taste any spices) even though they were supposed to be different and tasted of a cheap veg soup. The rice and nan was so so and poppadoms were damp.
The icing on the cake was being charged a kids buffet when she had 2pieces of pakora.
If yiu must eat here get meal from a la carte menu at least it might be a different sauce.