“nice indian restaurant”

Masala Twist West End
Ranked #240 of 2,429 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“nice indian restaurant”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

very good food and atmosphere! the food tasted lovely went on a voucher and had chapati with a curry and all tasted fresh

Visited May 2013
2 Thank marta c

Glasgow, Scotland
“Aromatic Food”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This simple and unpretentious restaurant is a refreshing change from the normal overstyled Glasgow Indian affair.
Just next to the tube in Byres Road this is a convenient location for some surprisingly aromatic and fresh tasting curries. All freshly cooked to order, you have to wait a little and sip on your mango lassie but then you will not be disappointed. Service is not super slick but very friendly and I am sure will improve very soon with serving spoons duly delivered along with the food.
We avoided the queue at famous Mother India Cafe and were delighted. Try it!

1 Thank Janso0
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Alright”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The portion sizes for the rice etc are very big. There was only 2 of us and the other person I went with normally eats a lot of rice and even with both of us there was plently left.

We started with pompadoms and spiced onions. The pompadoms were the usual. And the onions were okay. For starters I had chicken pakora. I found it a bit tasteless but the chicken was nicely cooked. My friend had chicken chatt. I normally like it however it was covered in a sauce which I don't usually see. This put me off as I prefer things dry but my friend thoroughly enjoyed it.

For the main course I had chicken tikka tandorri. It was different very yellow when it normally orange. It tasted weird but okay. It did have a weird spice. My fiend had a traditional curry which he thought was okay.

I would say we are quite hard to please with being to many Indians across the world we have particular tastes. For me I didn't think it was that great. Quite heavily priced but good and big portion sizes. The staff were friendly and gave us discount vouchers for next time. Would I go back? Maybe with the voucher.

“Love this place.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my other half have been to Masala Twist before so we knew what to expect. This time was probably the best time i've ever been. We were greeted by staff and taken to a lovely booth type table, very comfortable. The staff promptly took drinks orders and brought out some poppadums and spicy onions almost instantly. They were pretty yummy. We only ordered a curry each this time as it was later on in the evening, I ordered a South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken and my other half ordered a Paneer Rogan Josh, both were asked to be made extra hot. Whilst waiting on these dishes, the staff were so kind and friendly, chatting away to us. One thing i did notice is that all staff always smiled and were very attentive. I admired the decor and the nice music which was playing too. The dishes did not take long to cook at all, we got chapatis and a garlic naan to go with it. My curry was absolutely amazing, so fresh and SO HOT!! I got so full that I asked for the rest to be packed away to be eaten the next day, this was done without hesitation it just seemed that no request was too much. My boyfriend then ordered a latte which looked gorgeous, all layered in colours it was lovely attention to detail. The atmosphere was so friendly and comforting to be in. I will definitely be back here and will be highly recommending this place, ignore all bad comments as it must be exaggeration!! This place is too good not to try!

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Probably no more than a 2.5 out of 5”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by my taxi driver, Masala Twist was a disappointment.
Popadoms only came with one chutney, the chopped onion, I had to request a mango chutney.
Onion bhaji was more like a onion cake, although it tasted nice.
I had two main dishes, one lamb and one chicken. Both of these dishes contained a lot of meat and were quite nice.
I found that only a choice of four different rices was odd?
The naan bread was very large and delicious.
For a Friday night the restaurant was quiet.
Over priced, poor value, maybe it was an off night but that doesn't explain only one chutney and a choice of only four rice dishes.
I will not return.