“Second visit”

Thai Siam
Ranked #334 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thai Siam is the oldest family run thai restaurant in Glasgow giving you the most Authentic tastes in Thai cuisine,Our top quality chefs delivery the same high standard meals every visit,, Thai Siam strives to keep our standards at the highest level by only purchasing produce from only superior suppliers . Spices and exotic aromas are the hallmark of the food in our restaurant,You could play it safe and order some of the chicken or vegetarian dishes, or summon the adventurer within, as you try out the salmon jungle curry,Regardless of whatever you choose, you are sure to be satisfied
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Second visit”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It must be about 8 years since we visited this Thai restaurant & it was still as good as ever, Staff were lovely & friendly & the food was amazing & reasonably priced, We will be back

• Visited July 2013

• Thai first
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Gone a wee bit Downhill”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've been eating in the Thai Siam since I was at uni, so we're going back a good 10 years (back when it was a whole £10.90 fo rthe pre-theatre!)

This is the first I've been in since they snazzied and laminated up the menus. I think in doing this they've lost a little of the customer service they used to be famed for.

I was there with Mr Roo and a friend I've known forever (our Mums were pregnant pals together), who was back from Dubai. She's a personal trainer, constant marathon runner and advanced pilates instructor. To say she's buff is like saying the boxing day Tsunami was only a tiddler. Complete understatement! As such, she's constantly training and follows an uber strict diet.

She also doesn't eat shellfish or pork, and so she asked if she could have the chicken salad starter without fish sauce. Apparently not. Apparently all the salads are pre-made and the sauce is in them all. So not the fresh-to-order way of eating I was always led to believe this place subscribed to.

So she went through a couple of other options and told that, no, they couldn't make it without a certain ingredient. She finally managed to secure a green curry. Considering good Thai food should be made from scratch, and that they don't seem to care very much about dietry options, was pretty bad for a place that has 'Scotlands only 5 star Thai Chef'.

Mr Roo and I had opted for the pre-theatre, and Dana just had a main.

When it came to desserts, I noticed on thea-la-carte menu that banana in coconut milk was only £2.80 whereas the desserts on the pre theatre were £3.50 individually, so we thought we could maybe swap them round.

Absolutely not we were told by the waiter. Quite abruptly to be honest. He just keep repeating and pointing to the menu that we were on the pre-theatre and that the a la carte desserts were only available to those paying full price. I thought this was quite cheeky, especially as the dessert we would have had was cheaper! And I assume, like everything else we tried to order, was already pre-made.

I've probably been 10-15 times in 10 years, so not enough to warrent 'regular' status, and last night there was definitely a lot of regulars in the restaurant, the two staff members were falling over themselves to top up drinks, chat, joke, clear their tables etc. I just felt our experience was quite a let down, especially as previously I would have said it was one of my top 5 Glasgow eateries.

Service was attentive, out wee tea pots were topped up and poured out from us, but it wasn't in the least friendly or welcoming. And I didn't like the fact they removed our half full basket of thai crackers (one of my favourity things about the place!) from the end of the table. When I noticed I asked for them back and we were charged for them! Only a pound, but still!!

The food was lovely, it always is. But the rest of the experience has made sure that I am no rush to return again.

Compared to the Shilla the night previously, they could be doing with a customer service refresher course.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank nony88
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Happy Staff and Tasty Dishes”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We called in for a Monday early evening meal and were very pleased with our choice of venue. The staff were very chirpy and were quick to take our drink and food orders. We opted for Thai chicken salads which were seasoned beautifully and full of fresh ingredients. For mains we had Chicken Pad Kra Prow, Chicken Red Curry with Pineapple and Chicken Green Curry all accompanied with generous portions of egg fried rice. The meals were delicious and we cleared our plates. We finished off with Banana and Pineapple fritters with ice cream, all very tasty. All in all a very satisfying meal at a very reasonable price and we will be returning when back in Glasgow. Well done to the team in Thai Siam.

• Visited July 2013
“Fantastic and yummy”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We love this restaurant, very friendly, great service and yummy food and they always remember our son Jack, which adds to the personal touch! Overall brilliant

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 1969dawn
“Excellent food, very nice staff”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you like Thai food and want to experience it while in Glasgow, or if you noticed you have to have dinner after 09,00 pm, time where most restaurants/pubs in Glasgow do not have their kitchens open, this is the place to go. Plenty of choices in the menu, very nice and friendly staff. Open till very late in the night.

Visited May 2013