“First visit -won't be back!”
Review of Biscuit Cafe

Biscuit Cafe
Ranked #1,303 of 2,543 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was my first visit to Biscuit with 2 other friends for a spot of lunch. First impressions were good, and we found a table near the back of the cafe. All of the tables however (including ours) were unclean and had dishes left from previous customers. This was a surprise as the cafe wasn't exactly run off it's feet.
The waiting staff were unattentive and paid no attention to us. We tried to attract the waitresses attention on many occasions, and even asked her to clean our table but our request was ignored.
We ordered our food eventually and even when it arrived some time later, the table still hadn't been cleaned and was stained and dirty from the previous customer..! I think it was the owner who had to eventually serve us our food and he was embarrassed that our table was dirty and had to come back to clean it himself. Meanwhile his 2 waitresses were swanning about half clearing other tables and paying no attention to customers whatsoever.
The food and the coffees were ok, but this is an experience I do not want to repeat so sadly I won't be back at Biscuit. It is definitely needing some attention to detail and the owner should be paying more attention to his customers and what his waiting staff are actually doing as ultimately this will eventually impact on his cafe as people with just vote with their feet - as I have.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Just the place for a coffee and breakfast with food that tastes fresh. Pleasant staff and a good range of cakes if you have a sweet tooth. They do take away too but be prepared to wait a few minutes as its all cooked to order. A really positive experience.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The food in here is consistanty good, and its obvious that they use good quality ingredients, but they let themselves down by offering measly portions. The service is friendly, but a little slow.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I'm in the south of Glasgow a lot and like to try as many different places to eat as possible, however I find myself coming back to Biscuit again and again. The menu is well balanced and excellent value for money. The daily specials are always interesting and the staff polite, attentive and make sure your visit is always a good one. I still have a few to visit, but this cafe could well be the best in the Southside, if not all of Glasgow!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went back to Biscuit today as I used to go regularly for lunch when I worked locally. I felt it was looking a bit tired and the food wasn't quite as good as I remember it..

The coffee tastes a bit bitter and doesn't really compare with the offer in the good coffee shops in the area. Slipping a bit but with a bit of effort and a lick of paint could be turned round and back on a par with their competitors.

C' mon guys!