“Mixology Evening - Fantastic”

Tennent's Training Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden behind the gates of the famous Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow’s East End sits Scotland's only purpose built cook school. Wide range of classes available from an afternoon cocktail-making class to a full professional chef qualification. Scottish cooking and whisky tastings available.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Mixology Evening - Fantastic”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went for a works night out and we all had a fantastic evening. Our host Lynsey was very knowledgeable, friendly and accomodating. We got loads of hints and tips to make our own cocktails and syrups. We had a different fun night out - I would encourage others to go!

Visited April 2013
Graeme W, Sales & Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hi Emma,

Thank you for your review of the Cocktail Masterclass, and thank you for mentioning Lindsay I will pass on your words to the team at TTA. It is great to hear that you and your workmates and hopefully you will think of us for your next night out. I hope you have been recreating the cocktails and syrups at home with your recipes.

we have lots of classes that are great whether you want to come alone or in a group so I do hope we will see you again soon.

“Cocktail Masterclass”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A fantastic evening.. Lyndsay our cocktail instructor mixed some amazing drinks, gave us fab tips including an unusual use for a dishwasher (not telling --go find out yourself!!) Our group of 12 got to taste several different drinks (they were so good I cant quite remember how many) Definately going again to do the Cupcake class... a great night, would highly recommend for something a wee bit different for a girls night out..and no queue at the bar...bonus!! Check it out folks!!

Visited April 2013
Thank you for your review of the Cocktail Masterclass, Thank you for your mention of Lindsay I will pass on your words to the team at TTA. I hope you have been recreating the cocktails and at home and haven't broken your dishwasher.

I look forward to seeing you on the cupcake class or on a night out with your friends very soon!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Pizza making Masterclass - Amazing!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Attended the pizza making masterclass on 18/3/13 with two friends for a laugh and we had an amazing time. Our chef was a friendly, highly knowledgeable, professional lady who wasn't afraid to have a laugh with us. I can't convey in this short review the amount of facts and tips we learned amount pizza making and cooking in general from our chef - everyone in our group picked up something we didn't know.

Over the course of the night we made our own pizzas starting with making the dough from scratch to selecting our toppings at the end. We were even taught how to make our own focaccia with the spare dough! The night was rounded off with everyone eating their creations together - washed down with the free Tennents that had been on (what seemed like) endless supply all night!

Amazing night out with my mates. Hope to repeat in the future.

+s
> Fantastic Staff (chef especially)
> Professional Environment
> Informal Nature of Class (no elitism or snobbery)
> Free Tennents all night (and soft-drinks if preferred)
> Great night for groups or couples
> I can now cook excellent pizzas at home with the recipe booklet we got to take home

-s
> Pizza Hut and the local takeaway have lost my custom

Visited March 2013
Graeme W, Sales & Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Pizza Masterclass. This is quite a new class for Tina, who I believe was your Chef for the evening, and it is great to get your feedback. I will make sure to pass on your words to her and the team in the kitchen. I am sure she will be delighted to know you have been recreating your pizzas at home (even if Pizza Hut have lost a customer).

Hopefully we will see you again in the near future for another one of our wonderful leisure classes.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“FABULOUS & FUN DAY OUT”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A fantastic day out with a twist - you actually have to do some work! On the plus side you do get to sit down and enjoy what you've made and the company of your friends over a lovely glass - or bottle - of wine! Can't recommend this enough - perfect for a whole variety of occasions... Staff where super friendly and try helpful. I actually came away having learned a few things!

Visited April 2013
Thank you for your review of your cookery package. We always like to make sure that people learn a few new skills and challenge themselves whilst having fun. I hope the "work" was worth it and your friends had as good a time as yourself.

The dishes on the class change all the time so is always a great whether you are coming along for the first of fifth time, whether you are coming back alone or with a friend please do keep us in mind for any birthdays and days out.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cooking Masterclass.. Amazing Day Out!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently attended a private cookery masterclass with a group of friends to celebrate a birthday.

We were not disappointed.

With a few of us being more skilled in the art of calling takeaways rather than cooking we were slightly nervous about the potential outcome of our lunch.

We needn't have worried, Michael Kilkie not only explained things in easy steps for the beginners, he made the full experience great fun and worked a little magic as our food was delicious!

Couldn’t recommend visiting this class more, loved the experience from start to finish. Cant wait to go back!

....Watch out Masterchef :)

Visited April 2013
Thank you for your review of your private cookery masterclass. I know Michael enjoyed the day with you all and I will be certain to pass on your feedback. I hope that you have tucked away the takeaway menu and you have been recreating your dishes.

The dishes on the class changes all the time so is always a great whether you are coming along for the first of fifth time, It is great to hear you are planning to come back and I am sure Michael will be ready to take you on your next culinary adventure.