“Fantastic experience”

Tennent's Training Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden behind the gates of the famous Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow’s East End sits Scotland's only purpose built cook school. Wide range of classes available from an afternoon cocktail-making class to a full professional chef qualification. Scottish cooking and whisky tastings available.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We attended the " Cook, Cocktails and Corinthian" event last night and had a great night from beginning to end. It was a lovely friendly group of people, the cooking was really good fun and we all produced a lovely meal. The cocktail making was very enjoyable and our night was finished off with a trip to the casino at the Corinthian. The whole event was very well run with knowledgable staff teaching and helping us. I would recommend this for a really different fun night out. Our group was a mix of ages but everyone had a great night.

Graeme W, Sales & Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Cook, Cocktails & Corinthian Package. This is always a popular course and has been running for some time so it is great to hear it is still being so well received. I will make sure to pass on your words to John and the kitchen team at The Academy. I hope you have been trying out your new recipes at home for the dinner and the drinks!

This is always a great evening whether you come in a pair or a larger group, it's one to keep in mind for any birthdays coming up as the recipes are always changing.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I was advised that Tennents Training Academy was the best by a number of friends in the trade, I thought a couple of day courses would give my son more confidence to find a job.

Booking was simple, the person on the phone told me which of their courses would be best, he sat them that week and not only did he pass all his exams but he's now also been offered two job interviews. I must say this fast turnaround and high standard of training has really helped give him a boost.

I will certainly be enrolling my youngest son as soon as he leaves school!

My wife and I are now also very eager to attend a cookery course too!

Graeme W, Sales & Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hi John,

I am so glad that your son enjoyed his time with us and it has helped him moving forward and secured him interviews, please pass on our good wishes to him for these and if there is anything we can do to help him in his future development then do not hesitate to contact us. It is always great to here such stories of success from our candidates.

We look forward to seeing your youngest son in due course and can't wait to have you along on one of our leisure courses.

Thank you again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Attended here with my wife for a cocktail masterclass and found it to be a very enjoyable night. The young lady who took the class had a vast knowledge of cocktails, she answered everyones questions without hesitation and is a credit to the academy.

The only thing I would say is that it would have been nice to have some nibbles instead of just the drink.

1  Thank mccus

Hi Mccus,

Thank you for your review of our Cocktail Masterclass at TTA. I will certainly pass on your comments to Lindsay who i believe lead your class and I am sure she will be delighted. I will also be sure pass on your feedback regarding the nibbles/snacks along with the class to our operations team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on another class soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was disgusted with this service, i booked a course in december last year for my personal license, it was to be held at the murrayfield hotel in edinburgh but i got a email on a saturday morning, 5 days before the course date to say it was changed to another hotel in the G1 group, i could not attend this hotel and no other offer was made, stephanie ---- sent me a email saying that there was nothing they could do and there was no other course planned for edinburgh, she was rude and with no help at all, i needed to pass this course before end of january for a new employer, she ruined this, she said they have plenty of courses in glasgow, so why did my fare to get there be paid by tennents. In their contract they say if you cancel within 10 days of the course you have to pay full amount, mmm...they told me 5 days before the course that they have changed it, wrong what they have did. Please dont book a course with them, one thing for them but a threat of cancel a course they demand money, tennent should have phoned me at least not a email....very very poor.

1  Thank Alan S
Graeme W, Sales & Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Alan,

We are very disappointed to hear that you are unhappy with the service we have provided. At TTA we again sincerely apologise for changing the venue with 5 days notice, this was out with our control due a double booking at the venue. The new location chosen was two miles away from the previous course venue. We understand you did not wish to visit this venue for personal reasons, however this course still went ahead as planned for the benefit of other attendees. We did offer you alternative dates to enable you to still sit your course in January.

We would also like to clarify you have not been charged anything for the course as confirmed with you over the phone. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope we can welcome you onto the next available course very soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a really great venue either to learn new skills or to just have some fun.

We took part in a cookery and cocktail making course which made us want to go backhand learn more.

Graeme W, Sales and Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your review of our Cook, Cocktail & Corinthian Package. This is one of our favourites at TTA and it has been one of our Saturday night staples since we opened. If you have any birthdays or parties coming up it is always a great group night out. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and will be back to learn more new skills!

Look forward to seeing you again soon,