“Poor service from stephanie ---- at tennents academy”

Tennent's Training Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: Hidden behind the gates of the famous Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow’s East End sits Scotland's only purpose built cook school. Wide range of classes available from an afternoon cocktail-making class to a full professional chef qualification. Scottish cooking and whisky tastings available.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was disgusted with this service, i booked a course in december last year for my personal license, it was to be held at the murrayfield hotel in edinburgh but i got a email on a saturday morning, 5 days before the course date to say it was changed to another hotel in the G1 group, i could not attend this hotel and no other offer was made, stephanie ---- sent me a email saying that there was nothing they could do and there was no other course planned for edinburgh, she was rude and with no help at all, i needed to pass this course before end of january for a new employer, she ruined this, she said they have plenty of courses in glasgow, so why did my fare to get there be paid by tennents. In their contract they say if you cancel within 10 days of the course you have to pay full amount, mmm...they told me 5 days before the course that they have changed it, wrong what they have did. Please dont book a course with them, one thing for them but a threat of cancel a course they demand money, tennent should have phoned me at least not a email....very very poor.

1  Thank Alan S
Graeme W, Sales & Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Alan,

We are very disappointed to hear that you are unhappy with the service we have provided. At TTA we again sincerely apologise for changing the venue with 5 days notice, this was out with our control due a double booking at the venue. The new location chosen was two miles away from the previous course venue. We understand you did not wish to visit this venue for personal reasons, however this course still went ahead as planned for the benefit of other attendees. We did offer you alternative dates to enable you to still sit your course in January.

We would also like to clarify you have not been charged anything for the course as confirmed with you over the phone. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope we can welcome you onto the next available course very soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a really great venue either to learn new skills or to just have some fun.

We took part in a cookery and cocktail making course which made us want to go backhand learn more.

Graeme W, Sales and Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your review of our Cook, Cocktail & Corinthian Package. This is one of our favourites at TTA and it has been one of our Saturday night staples since we opened. If you have any birthdays or parties coming up it is always a great group night out. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and will be back to learn more new skills!

Look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I received this as a Christmas gift from my daughter and we had a fantastic time. Thanks to chef John and his team for a day full of great food and lots of information and tips.
Would highly recommend to anyone who needs to stick to a gluten free diet - only wish I had hidden the cookies when I got home they disappeared very quickly!
Already planning a return visit.

Graeme W, Sales & Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Gluten Free Masterclass. This is only the 3rd time we have run this class and it is great to hear it is being so well received. I will make sure to pass on your words to John and the kitchen team at The Academy. I hope you have been trying out your new recipes at home and have been making more cookies for everyone!

That is great you are planning to come back to see us again soon. The Gluten free recipes change all the time if you wish to return on another masterclass or we would be happy to have a chat and adapt one of the existing classes to help suit your requirements.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Superb night and the staff were very attentive and extremely friendly. Tina looked after the wine tasting part and was very knowledgeable. Looking forward to using this again for our Christmas night out and would highly recommend to anybody who is looking for something different!

Graeme W, Sales & Marketing Exec at Tennent's Training Academy, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your review on our Xmas party evening. I am glad to hear you had such a good time and will make sure Tina knows about your review too. We are expanding our range of courses all the time and Xmas 2013 will without doubt provide some more new and exciting alternative party ideas, Keep an eye on our website for the festive party experiences cropping up in the middle of the year.

Hopefully we will not have to wait that long until you visit us again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was bought for me as a birthday gift and we did the Pizza making class. It was excellent fun and we ended up taking most of our pizza home with us! John, the chef who took the course, was fantastic and really informative.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your great review of our new Pizza Masterclass. We have only been running this one for a few weeks and it is great to hear it is being so well received. I will pass on your words to John and the kitchen team at The Academy. I hope you have been trying out your new skills at home and recreating the delicious pizzas.

We look forward to seeing you again on another one of our classes.