“Disapointed”

Epicures of Hyndland
Reserve with OpenTable
Epicures of Hyndland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #727 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Houston, United Kingdom
“Disapointed”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

It was a cold wet wintery night on Friday but the warm and friendly looking restaurant awaited us.
It was very early, 5pm, so we hadn't booked. That was not a problem and we got a table OK. The service was fine, the place was cosy, there was a great smell of home baking coming from their bread oven. It was a very nice atmosphere. We were just in for a quick bite before a concert so we just had bruschetta to share as a starter. It was OK, maybe a bit too oily, but not bad. I had a Aubergine cannelloni with a rocket side salad which was very tasty but maybe not quite enough of. I should have ordered some of their lovely looking bread, to soak up the sauce. My wife had the Beef Tagliatelle, with chilli and ginger. This was disappointing, it was a bit bland with no taste of ginger and just a very slight chilli flavour. The pasta was over cooked. The sauce was a very bland soy flavour. Young Dougal that served us was very helpful. That's it really, not bad but not great. It's a terrific room, the after noon teas and breakfasts looked good. I would give it another try.

Melrose, United Kingdom
“Need to up their game”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I agree with a number of previous reviewers on this restaurant. It teases you into thinking you'll get better than you actually do! The staff are always very pleasant and the food is generally pretty decent, but the service once you're in is usually indifferent. Despite the fact there seems to be an army of waiting staff inside, they're usually rushing about somewhere else or having a conflab about something. I'll probably go back again at some point as I keep hoping they'll get it right!

1 Thank Al M
Glasgow
“Poor food”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Very poor food , I was very disappointed by the burger, which I had , how hard is it to make a burger?

Will not be going back anytime soon

• Visited December 2013
Glasgow
“What a shame”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Epicures looks lovely and is in a great location but sadly the service lets them down every time.
I met a friend there during the week and initially the service was good. I was greeted warmly and was allowed to pick a table while I waited for my friend. After she arrived we had to flag down a waiter to order drinks which were brought over about 5/10 mins later. Then no one came near us for the next 3 and half hours despite the fact we tried to attract their attention a few times. They were not busy and had a reasonable number of staff on. If they had brought us menus we would have ordered dinner as the food that other people ordered looked good. If they had offered us more drinks we would have ordered them but instead we left having taken up a table for 4 hours with 2 cups of tea.
Previous visits have been similar. I remember our lunch order for a table of 4 arriving in stages so that some of us finished before the other's food appeared and the table next to us who ordered after us, were served first.
Such a disappointment.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“great food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Have had breakfast, lunch and dinner here and have always enjoyed it. The staff are friendly and professional and the food is delicious. Can be quite noisy but has a good atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013