“Worst restaurant in Glasgow”

A Little Taste of Italy Ristorante Teatro
Ranked #657 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: One of Glasgow's oldest and best kept Italian secrets since 1978 with brand new decor, fresh & and locally sourced Italian menus with a Scottish twist. A Little Taste of Italy - Ristorante Teatro, is an authentic Italian restaurant in the heart of city centre, Across from The King's Theatre for affordable Italian pre-theatre dining with background Italian live music. Open 7 Days from Midday to Midnight. Affordable Lunch - Matinee from £6.95 Popular Pre Theatre & Romantic Dinner from £9.95 3 Course Pre Teatro Menu & Champagne Cocktail £17.95
Glasgow
“Worst restaurant in Glasgow”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This restaurant is awful. Went for a meal last night with my elderly mother. Although we booked, we still had to wait 10 minutes for our "table". It was cramped into a very small space and each time the staff served other diners, I had to stand up and move the chair!! We moved to another table and waiter was shouting at us and being very rude. I then had to go find menus then chase staff to place an order for food. Eventually the meal arrived (40 minutes later). The sea bass was lovely but the roasted Mediterranean vegetables were raw and stone cold as was the mashed potatoes. The whole place was very cramped, service was atrocious and the worst meal I have had in a very long time. The rude waiter was constantly shouting at customers if they complained. He even ran after customers who gave up and left shouting at them!, Made Fawlty Towers look like the Ritz.

• Visited February 2013
12 Thank LizzieBGlasgow

“A truly awful meal”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Do not go here. The food is not real Italian but a poor fake - sausage that was fatty, minestrone that tasted of nothing, cardboard pizza and scallops risotto that was foul - some scallops uncooked, some overcooked and all tasting of grease on top of a tasteless risotto. Glasgow has many authentic Italian restaurants - try any one instead of this.

3 Thank Miles F
“This manager requires a course in customer service.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Having been along before to this restaurant and enjoyed the food, we booked for New Year's Eve quoting when booking that we would like to eat from the £25.99pp menu as displayed online. Upon entry to the restaurant (in which only two tables were occupied) we were seated next to the gents' toilets and given a more expensive menu with much, much less choice. In the time it took us to catch the attention of the manager a table of four walked out before ordering - this should have said it all! The manager was hugely rude, pulling out his iPhone to show me what I must have looked at online. He told me that this was not the deal, although I quoted it exactly when I called, and assured me that I was wrong. He really is a deplorable man, Basil Fawlty-esq in terms of customer service, and lost the business of 6 people in the space of 3-4 minutes. I will not return and I urge you to swerve this dreadful, soulless little establishment.

5 Thank Bradlo25
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What a RIPP OFF!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Had a meal here yesterday after seeing the Panto at the Kings, The decor was dated, I asked the waiter if he would take our coats to which his response was " you can hang them up over there", not the best start. The menu was very confusing as there were too many of them. My food was good, there was just not enough of it and later had to buy a sandwich to fill me up. I had the chicken liver pate, then the seabass, it was really nice but just a very small amount, our meal included a bottle of wine, which was ok, 2 courses and a bottle of Pino grigo for £33.00 for two. What they do not tell you is they include a 10% service charge, which is a joke when you are sent to hang up your own coats. We were given (complimentary) bread with oil and mixed olives at the beginning, only it was not complimentary as we found out on receiving the bill. What a cheek!!!. Our waitress encouraged us to have side orders as our meals did not come with which we were also charged extra for (only realised when receiving the bill). My daughter ordered pizza, just a plain Margharita, which was thick pan, when it arrived. Looked like those cheap ones out of Iceland, we were charged £9 something for, she later had 3 scoops of icecream which they charged us £5 for. Overall, felt that we were thoroughly RIPPED OFF! Will never be returning to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
6 Thank belladonna958
glasgow
“Awful experience...Don't go”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I wish I'd read the reviews before going. Went with two children and my mum and were squeezed into a table for two. We should have left but after creating a fuss we were moved.
My mum's risotto was very salty, she asked for a change and the lasagne had obviously just been microwaved, it was very poor.
We were charged for both dishes which had been returned, when we queried this, the manager became very rude about it all and claimed that there were no complaints after 25 years service...how untrue...just read this please.
DONT GO.