“Good food, good value.”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Two friends and I dined here about 6 months ago. Went at lunchtime, opting for the 3 Tapas for £4.95, if memory serves me correctly (on price).

I ordered vegetarian dishes, my friends went for meat dishes. Everyone was happy, no complaints. Really good value, would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I decided to drop in to the Merchant City for lunch today. A choice of about 6 restaurants in the building and we chose Mercado. We were attracted by the Tapas lunch meal offer (3 tapas for £6.95) and the pleasant appearance of the restaurant. It was our first visit. It wasn't too busy and we were quickly attended to. We ordered 6 tapas from a choice of around 15 dishes(some do have a supplement of £1 or £2 but we did not choose them), plus some bread and a bottle of Rioja.
We had 2 meat, 2 vegetable and 2 fish dishes and all arrived together and were very nicely presented, but more importantly they all tasted delicious. The mussels in tomato and sweet chilli sauce were plentiful and very tasty. Would highly recommend this restaurant for quality and value for money, especially if you like tapas.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I'm a big fan of tapas and love this restaurant, big portion sizes, reasonably priced for both food and drinks, service always friendly and quick.
Been a few times in the past also and will definitely return

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant in the Exchange which is a covered square with a lot of restaurants and bars surrounding it. The menu looked interesting and the food on the whole was good with 2 of the 9 tapas not being up to scratch. With only two waiters the service was not all it should have been. At the end of the meal I had to go inside to try and get the bill only to discover one of the waiters was having a good laugh in the kitchen with the chefs, for quite some time whilst the customers waited to be served.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Me and my wife go hear ever month if not more nice tapes 3 £7 good atmosphere and a nice pint see you's soon Pete xx

1  Thank Peterkean