“My favourite place...ever”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've been coming here for over 10 years. The food quality has not changed and the curries are still always great.
Try everything, it's all good! Actually, I always have a phal, maybe don't try that one...

2  Thank Sam L

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Went into spice garden this evening with my partner we each ordered a starter to share and a main between us also poppodoms and spiced onions on the side service was very swift and efficient. All food ordered came exactly as we asked very reasonable price for a saturday night meal for 2 with drinks .All of the food was exceptional and would highly recommend the pakora and the chicken madras will certainly be back !!

1  Thank Randyjacksonn
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had a really good meal here. Staff extremely welcoming and the food was very well prepared, fresh and tasty. There was a good variety, a bit beyond the standard favourites. Prompt, attentive service, friendly and engaging but not at all intrusive. My son has been converted to Indian food.
The place was really quiet when we visited and as we drank our coffee I could see some of the kitchen staff giving the place a really good clean, rather than just hang around chatting as seems to happen in other places, looked like they take a pride in their restaurant. Quite right too, I'll be back.

1  Thank Donald C
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Upon leaving work myself and a colleague decided we fancied a curry, and thought we would give Spice Garden a try, largely based on the reviews in Trip Advisor.

I have to say when approaching Spice Garden the appearance of the outside of the building combined with the location makes it less than inviting. That said when we entered we were met with some of the warmest and friendliest service we have encountered across Glasgow. The restaurant inside is pleasant, but not as fancy as some.

Then came the menu. At first it just looked like any Indian restaurant menu, but it just keeps going with a large selection of different curries, mostly arranged by mild, medium, or hot. The food was excellent, one of the best Indian meals I've had. It ended up being not cheap, but that's because we ordered so many items because it was just so tempting. We ate most of it, and what we didn't we took away in a doggy bag.

This is most definitely a place I look forward to returning. Not a place to go if you want to create an impression with a bling ambiance, but if the quality of the food means more than the décor I suggest it's well worth a try. Also, although it's tucked away, it's surprisingly convenient for Central Station.

2  Thank Nigel P
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had a really nice carry out for my dinner. Delivered within 30 mins. Butterfly King Prawn and Tandoori King Prawn. Hit the spot!

1  Thank Alberta46