“Excellent and typical Indian food.”
Review of The Spice Garden

The Spice Garden
Ranked #580 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Birdhill, Tipp
“Excellent and typical Indian food.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent food. A lot of different varieties. The staff is highly competent. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Lots of Indians are costumers as well. A very good sign. Very clean. and welcoming.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank stefidave

cupar
“well worth a visit”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

visited this restaurant late on wednesday night with my dughter after attending a show at secc, it was recommended by our taxi driver as it was open later than most and what a good choice. first impression was that it was very clean. the food served was delicious, fresh and piping hot, all served promtly by friendly staff. after our meal we requested they call a cab to take us back to the hilton, the owner then offered to have us taken back to the hotel by one of his staff, this lovely gesture we accepted.and we arrived back at the hotel promtly.we are frequent visitors to glasgow and the spice garden will be our first port of call on our next visit. thank you again for leaving us with such a good impression of the glasgow hospitality

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank betts s
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Our favourite local restaurant”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We live close to this restaurant and have been many, many times - for family celebrations as well as weekend treats for us as a couple. We have never been disappointed. The staff make us feel special and welcome and the food is always delicious, varied and wonderfully affordable. Their red house wine is fantastic! (We don't even like red wine as a rule!)
Please go to the Spice Garden a s soon as you have the flimsiest of excuses to treat yourselves! You'll not regret it. (We have even seen weel kennt curry-loving celebs there, incognito! But we'd never say who, of course.)
Just try it! It will be a memorable, affordable experience - a unique and deserved combination!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Shirley S
Airdrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Amazing quality of food and service!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I have been here many times in the last ten years, but not recently. last night was with a friend who had also been a regular customer here, and i had forgotten just how good the standard had become. As a long time devotee of Indian cuisine, I thought I had tasted the best (and worst) in Glasgow. Since 1972 I have been in them all, but have never been disappointed in the Spice Garden. Last night however took me to a different level! I have never had a tastier meal in 40 years of eating out. The service was excellent and the meal itself was incredible value. I cannot praise the chef highly enough, So I will not try. The food speaks for itself. Try it! Don't take my word.

1 Thank JohnB1806
“Fantastic Food, even better service! Worth a Visit !!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Decided to visit Spice Garden with the good lady whilst the kids were at the O2 for a concert

We were welcomed in by the staff who seated us in a quiet part of the restaurant, which meant we could have privacy whilst enjoying our meal.

We both had the stuffed peppers with garlic mushrooms which was amazing

The table was cleared and Tanvir our waiter asked if we were ready for our mains, which was a nice touch instead just arriving with them.

When mains came they were cooked fresh and tasted fantastic, mmmm yummi

Throughout Tanvir was very attentive and did his upmost to make sure everything was just right, and ensured we did not run out of drinks which was just as well as I asked for my meal spicy and spicy it was made to perfection.

After our meal while we were chatting we were offered complimentary drinks, however decided to give it miss as we were both full

We will visit again and big thanks to staff and Tanvir for pleasant evening.

2 Thank WeAreHonest