“Lobster ravioli taste sensation!”
Review of La Famiglia - CLOSED

La Famiglia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New Italian restaurant opened 16/08/2011 First class food not the usual Pasta and Pizza Award winning chef small menu exellent 0141 334 0111
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went to this lovely restaurant tonight for the second time this year. It was quite honestly some of the best food I've had in Glasgow. Lobster ravioli was a conversation stopper. just perfect! hake with cauliflower puree and also raisin puree which was really different and delicious. the way it was presented on the plate was just beautiful. Pistachio cake with rhubarb ice cream was just bursting with flavour and gorgeousness. Attention to detail and all the effort is amazing. The atmosphere is brilliant. Clientele very mixed and it works well. Wasn't too keen for going out tonight tbh but this place and the food sent me out happy that I did!

2  Thank Maria H

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I love this place! Nico is a fantastic chef and his food is delicious. He obviously uses quality produce and I have no complaints whatsoever about the food (especially the gnocchi!), staff, atmosphere and price. It is worth every penny.
I have been a few times and I have found the service to be excellent. :)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Small cosy restaurant which you need to seek out but worth the find!! Best authentic Italian food I've found in Glasgow with attention to detail in the flavours and presentation.. 1 of my guest was a vegetarian and was delighted to be given about 8 different options from the manager of fresh homemade raviolis other dishes.. If you are a lover of fine Italian wine then this is the place.. The manager recommended many wines to us to complement our meal choices his knowledge was incredible ..
We shall be back ASAP

1  Thank Levack23
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to this Italian eatery in Cleveden. The food is lovely and service spot on. We have been three times now and the experience is good. They also do an early evening menu that is great value. Best of ll we can walk to it!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Local restaurant but first visit for us under the ownership of Nico Simeone who is also the chef.
The oxtail ravioli is a trailblazer.with intense flavours, perfect al dente ravioli and melt in the mouth oxtail. Main courses are generous, Perfectly cooked pink lamb for my husband and tender hake for me. I did not really need the chunky and piping hot chips which came late as the main was so filling but but there was no charge in advance of a complaint. Four choices for starters and mains but extensive Italian wine list with prices ranging from teens to hundreds. Our Barbera d`Asti was delicious.