“Lovely Italian”
Review of La Famiglia - CLOSED

La Famiglia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New Italian restaurant opened 16/08/2011 First class food not the usual Pasta and Pizza Award winning chef small menu exellent 0141 334 0111
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Visited this restaurant a number of weeks ago, it was delightful the food was tasty well presented and the staff very accomodating. It was very quiet but that might have been down to visiting on a tuesday night, I will definately return at the weekend. Lovely restaurant to dine in. thank you

Reviewed August 5, 2012

good food, nice atmosphere and good service. Loved the place and will return on my next trip to Glasgow

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Amazing food, great wine and Italian beer. Friendly and welcoming service. Will be coming back again very soon.....and not too far from home.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Restaurant is half a mile away from home for me, and a friend had told me that they made good food.... He was right. Had a lovely meal, nice atmosphere and service.

We had a mix of pasta, fish and steak, all cooked to perfection. Not the cheapest, but there again you are enjoying proper food!

If you are looking for macaroni cheese or a cheese pizza, try Pizza Hut. For a good diner, beyond standard Italian recipes, try La Famiglia!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

After I saw address of the restaurant I was a bit worried (far away from city centre or any main roads, next to bunch of low quality barbers/general stores etc.). But once we arrived and tasted food in there all my worries were irretrievably gone.

You need to know that you won't find classic Italian food in menu (mean there will be no pizzas, spaghetti or lasagne) which is a big PLUS for me since you can find it in any Italian restaurant in city center. Instead of that you have a choice of such dishes as Parmesan Gnocchi, Scallops or Linguine Polpette.

For start we took soup of the day (which happened to be an mushroom soup) and I can honestly tell I've never ate so DELLICIOUS soup in my life. It's quite hard to fully review a soup but I can tell that next time I will just skip proper second course and order just two courses of that soup for myself - that how good it was.

As a second course we had Braised Chicken Wings & Parmesan Gnocchi. As a big fan of properly made Gnocchi I can write that one made by La Famiglia's chef was one of the very few in Glasgow I really enjoyed, it was perfect both in the taste and in the consistency Most of Gnocchi you can eat in city center are just heavy tasteless dumplings, here you have proper as light as a feather pieces of pastry in delicious Parmesan sauce.

Other than this you have great service and really good choice of wines.

I will definitely visit that place again!