“Great Spa Experience by Savannah & Great Food in Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hallmark Hotel Glasgow

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #47 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Spa Experience by Savannah & Great Food in Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

We booked a Twighlight Spa Experience with Savannah in Menzies Hotel. Was absolutelly great, the staff very friendly & very proffesional. After all sauna, jakuzzi, swimming, steam room, massage we went to have a dinner in restaurant, staff was very friendly & the food cooked by the chef was amazing, superB presentation, very tasty, and very enjoyable.The manager the young boy was bit unproffesional, but the rest of the waiting staff was really good. We had enjoyable dinner & spa. And we will be back soon to have a great day like we had & great food. Thank you

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review, I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay. I was pleased to read that you were impressed with your dining experience and the cuisine I have passed your thanks to the Brasserie team and my Chef Richard Lyth.

I was also pleased to read that your enjoyed your Spa experience with “Savannah Spa” our in house Spa and I have passed on your kind comments to the girls and the owner of the Spa.

Once again many thanks for you kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel

Philip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Polish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

What a lovely hotetl!, Just the ticket for a stay in Glasgow. A short walk into the city, where there is so much to see and do!
The previous reviews were spot on, Natalie on reception was bright and bubbly and always had a smile and a cheery greeting, we also met Phlilp the operations manager, nothing was too much trouble for either member of staff.
We had a bit of a blip at dinner on the Friday evening due to a late flight arrival of a group, however once we gave some feedback to Philip he was very apologetic (I felt so bad!)!!
Look out for the little blonde polish waitress in the resturant, she has the cutiest scottish accent, and works like a trojan, another real asset to their hotel!
We will be back again!!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, I was very pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay. It was very pleasing to read your positive feedback, and comments in relation to the friendliness of the staff. I will ensure that my team share in your kind praise.

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for sentimental reasons and wasn't disappointed. I have stayed here a couple of times before and it has always been a pleasure. This time there was one let down - my friend asked for coffee and cream in the bar at about midnight on Saturday night and Thomas (Johnston) told us there wasn't any. We had some very good humoured banter with him and I am only mentioning the lack of cream because we told Thomas we would! It is incredible really that there apparently was no cream available in a hotel of this size, however it did not spoil my stay. I would reommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your return visit to the hotel and thank you for the great feedback.

I was however concerned to read the issue that you encountered in relation to your request for cream in the Cocktail bar one evening, I have asked that my Food and Beverage manager carries out a period of refresher training with team to ensure no future repeat and thanks for highlighting this.

Thank you again for submitting your good review, I do hope to get change to welcome you back sometime in the future and to that end please when you are next planning a trip to Glasgow please contact me directly so I may ensure your total satisfaction.

Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

Great hotel! My wife and I used it as a base for exploring Glasgow. On arrival my wife thought the area looked a little run down as there is some local redevelopment but you are only a two minute walk from Glasgow Central Station,and the hotel itself is great. Ideal location for exploration of the city really. The hotel has a swimming pool and spa facilities and the breakfasts were superb. Rooms are of a good size and clean and it was nice to be offered the option of a smoking or non smoking room as that means we can take the Mother in law next time! The Hotel is nicely appointed and the staff very friendly and helpful.
Can't wait to get back to Glasgow and we'll definately be staying here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review, I was delighted that you had a great stay with us and I have passed on your feedback to my team.

I was pleased to read that you saw the benefits of the hotel and our location to all the major attractions and closeness to the City centre.

I am sorry I did not get the opportunity to meet you during your stay and hope it will be not too long before we can welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Troon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed for one night for a relaxing night, meal in restaurant was lovely but tables very close together, felt as though i was eating with people next to us - not a romantic meal. Room was much smaller than expected, and corridor was noisy outside room, floorboards creaked everytime someone walked past and doors banged - jumped awake on a few occassions.
Not worth the money, much better 4 star hotels around the city centre

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for submitting your review following your recent stay. I was very sorry to read that you were disappointed and we did not exceed your expectations and please accept my apologies for this.

I have tried to contact you via the site to discuss the points in your review to try and get a clearer understanding of your stay, especially in regard to the noise aspect that you describe, as this is not something we have experienced before. I have asked my Maintenance Manager to check the doors and also investigate your point in regard to floor boards as the flooring throughout the hotel corridors is cast concrete that is carpeted. Your help to clarify where you stayed would be very much appreciated, so we can pinpoint your feedback and take the necessary action to ensure no future repeat.

I am sorry that you did not speak to my Duty Manager during your stay who I am sure could have resolved your points to your satisfaction and thanks again for your review and I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

We have just returned from a three night stay at the menzies hotel in glasgow. And have to say they the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly (in general). But there are a few things we have to comment on.

Our stay was from Tuesday the 31st of August till Friday the 3rd of September.

On the tuesday night the person serving at the bar just did not seem to want to be there, he did not know how to pour a pint of beer, it was always poured flat, and he informed us that you do not stock pernod, which is a bit rediculous for a four star hotel.

On our last night, it was almost impossible to get served at the bar, which was three deep, by some very ill mannered people wha were apparently attending a conference. We did mention this to the hotel receptionist, but nothing was done about it. It was more like a local pub than a four star hotel.

aoart from these two points everingt else was no problem at all, this was our second stay at this hotel and we will stay again, we just want these two points passed on.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Dear Mr ….,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my e-mail and for talking to me today, please accept my apologies that we did not exceed your expectations in regard to the Cocktail Bar. I was most concerned to hear about the service and rowdy conference guests that took over the bar area – this is certainly not indicative and we have untaken further training in that area to ensure no repeat.

On a positive note it was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I was very pleased to learn that you felt the bedroom was very comfortable, the Brasserie was excellent for cuisine and service and all the staff were very helpful and friendly – thanks for that feedback.

I note that you will be returning in April next year and would like to return to the hotel and once you have a date in mind you will contact me directly, Mr …I look forward to welcome you back next year and ensure that all areas of the hotel exceed your exceptions.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

Spent 3 nights in one of the New York Loft Apartments and can not recommend this hotel highly enought. Having stayed in most of the 4 & 5* hotels in Glasgow I can honestly say this is the best in service and value without doubt. The rooms are much better than the pictures on the web site and the apartments are brilliant.... so good infact we did not want to go out one night.
Also the service was equally as good, nothing to much trouble and James on reception is a real credit to the place.
All in all a great stay, will recommend and also be back without doubt...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AAH09
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review, I was delighted that you had a great stay with us and I have passed on your feedback to my team. I was pleased to read that from the moment you checked in that we exceeded your expectations and you made use of all the facilities in the hotel.

Thanks you also for your kind comments in regard to the apartments and that you saw the benefits of booking this particular room type.

I do hope it will not be too long before we can welcome you back to Glasgow