“excellent on every level”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed December 14, 2008

As I'm from the Glasgow area I rarely stay in any of the city's hotels, however I decided to book in as I was attending a function in the HIlton that night and I got a great deal through a Daily Mail promotion running at the time (£58bb per twin room). I was so impressed with the hotel and wished I had more time to enjoy it that I have booked in again this weekend (unfortunately on not such good rate!). The room I had the last time was spacious, spotlessly clean and all the staff I encountered were friendly and extremely efficient. It was far superior than any 4 star city centre hotel experience that I have had before. I can't comment on breakfast as unfortunately due to a very late night I didn't make it but I'm looking forward to sampling it this time ! Overall - highly recommended if you are coming to Glasgow and also in a very central location for all the sights.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2008

Dear Tripadvisor,

Many thanks for your excellent review, I am delighted you have chosen to stay with us again.
I will pass your great feedback on to the team and please contact me if I can be of any assistance during your stay.
I hope to get the chance to meet you.

Lenny

Write a ReviewReviews (2,202)

Reviewed December 10, 2008

Don't get me wrong - this is a lovely hotel, lovely welcoming people, very clean and great food BUT...!

We were staying for two nights and on the Saturday night it was 'Christmas party night'. We were on the third floor and the DJ might as well have been in the room with us!! I gave up trying to sleep and read my book until 1 a.m. when the party finally finished.

Be warned - they have 2/3 party nghts a week in December.

Also, we requested adjoining rooms as we were taking our grandchildren with us. On checking in we were told they were adjoining, but when we got to our rooms we had a room between us. We rang reception to see if this could be rectified but were told that the hotel was fully booked. Being quiet people we did not make a fuss but it did mean that we had to have one adult and one child per room - not ideal. We had booked this weeks in advance and would not have thought it beyond the whit of man to put us in adjoining/interconnecting rooms.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2008

Dear Tripadvisor,

Many thanks for your review and please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you had with your adjoining rooms and noise on your recent stay with us. We do try to ensure that all our guests not attending party nights are allocated a bedroom which is far away from any party noise but I am sincerely sorry that we got things wrong for you on this ocassion.
Can I ask that you please contact me directly on 0141 270 2319 or at lenny.hughes@menzieshotels.co.uk if you would like to discuss any aspect of your stay in more detail.
Thank you for your kind comments at the beginning of your review but once again, sincere apologies that you had to put up with the party noise.

kindest regards

Reviewed December 9, 2008

After reading all the fantastic reviews on this hotel we decided to give it a go for our recent 2 day break in Glasgow and it was superb.

The staff were friendly and efficient and for the price of a double room booked at a discounted rate via Alpha Rooms, we were given an executive double room when we arrived and the room was HUGE! We had a Queen sized bed, a large bright bathroom and a large three piece suite in the room as well!

The hotel has a lovely swimming pool/ spa complex as well, which was most welcome after a hard day's shopping!

It's very easy to walk to and from the centre of Glasgow and it was only a 20 minute stroll from the Central Railway Station which was ideal for us.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this lovely hotel to all my friends and am looking forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2008

Dear Tripadvisor,

Many thanks for the great review and I am delighted to see that you have chosen us from seeing our previous reviews.
I have already passed your great comments on to my team here and we look forward to welcoming you back to Glasgow on your next visit.
Please contact me at lenny.hughes@menzieshotels.co.uk if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed November 20, 2008

I have stayed in the Menzies several times when visiting Glasgow, i've never been dissapointed, rooms/bathrooms are always spotless, food is excellent and i have never found fault with staff. Always take advantage of the facilities which are always kept to a high standard although never tried beauty treatments, they look cheap enough.

My partner and i are regular travellers to glasgow and have stayed at most of the 4/5 * hotels and rate the menzies as our favourite. Keep up the good work......

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2008

Dear Tripadvisor,

Thank you for your excellent review and I am delighted to see you rate us as your favourite hotel.
I sincerely appreciate your great feedback which I will be passing on to the team today. It is comments like your own that do help everyone "keep up the good work."

Please contact me if I can be of any further assistance and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 8, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It is located on the side of the city centre, about 20 minutes walk to Buchanan Street. Despite being central, the main problem with the location is that it is right next to a busy road and a flyover and looks a bit dark and ugly also, the building reminds me of a prison and the surroundings are a bit spooky after dark.

On the inside is very nice, it has a very big and welcoming reception area. The rooms are spacious with a huge bed and plenty of pillows, a little coffee table with chairs and a nice big des, very comfortable and nicely decorated. The bathroom is big, very white and very clean, with plenty of lighting for make up, etc. with a bath and lots of towels available. It also had wireless internet conection but if you don't bring your computer there is a keyboard that allows you to access the internet from the television by paying a fee. The hotel also has a spa, I didn't go but looked at the brochure and they have lots of treatments and are not too expensive.

The breakfast selection is is quite good, juices, cereals, scottish breakfast, cold meats and cheeses, fresh fruit salads a nice selection of teas.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2008

Dear Tripadvisor,

Many thanks for the great review, but sorry you did not enjoy our location. Most people like it because we are conveniently located at Junction 19 for easy access by road and also five minutes walk from Glasgow Central Train Station.
I am very glad that it did not spoil your stay however and can I ask that you please contact me the next time you plan on staying in Glasgow, as I would be delighted to meet you.

Reviewed November 3, 2008

I have just returned from a weekend break at the Menzies. The hotel is in a great location, easy to find from the motorway and walking distance to the centre and also to the SECC and Science Centre. The land around is pretty derelict but there is a secure car park and this will not affect your stay. We had a lovely corner room with lots of space for a family of three.
Unfortunately we did not have time to try out the leisure facitlities but they looked good.
We were on a bed and breakfast rate and the breakfast was lovely - lots of choice and fast and efficient service.
Only problem we had was on returning from a full day out we found our door had been left unlocked by the cleaners. It transpired there was a fault with the mechanism and we had to remove the handle and carry it with us until this could be fixed! We have stayed at the Marriott in Glasgow before (just across the road) and would say overall the Menzies would win out of the two despite our door problems!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2008

Dear Tripadvisor,

Many thanks for your kind comments and great review but I am very sorry for the problem with your door handle. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I am glad however that you still had a great stay and can I ask that you please contact me the next time you are returning to Glasgow.

Reviewed October 12, 2008

Good 4* hotel and good room price. Good location. Booked through alpharooms.com for about £38 per night BB, in a triple room. Clean and tidy hotel and rooms. Friendly staff. Nice pool, sauna, steam room. Good breakfast. Stayed before, and will go back again! Only down point - pity the land out in front not been redeveloped.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank FiloPhil
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2008

Dear Tripadvisor,

Thanks for the great review and I am delighted to hear you will be returning. I look forward to meeting you in the near future.

Please contact me at lenny.hughes@menzieshotels.co.uk.