“Wonderful service”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had an overnight stay through one of the deal websites and it was one of the best experiences we've had! This was mainly due to the fantastic service of the staff; not just one particular member, but every staff member we interacted with really made an effort to make our stay brilliant. Very, very impressed and will be contacting head office to say so.
The hotel itself was just what we needed, nice pool and the evening meal in the restaurant was lovely (especially the homemade bread!) The room was comfortable, with air con which was FANTASTIC, and a complimentary mini bar. Great situation, just off the M8 ( although you couldn't tell from the noise level in the room) and a nice stroll into the city centre of about 10 mins. All in all, a great break. Thanks!!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, great views over the Clyde
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret C
There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel Glasgow

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on a couple of occasions and never been disappointed, it is clean, excellent breakfast and close to main attractions.
Added bonus it has secure parking at only £4 per day, it's only a short walk to train station and shops.
Well worth a visit and we will definitely be returning :)

Room Tip: Ask to be housed in the apartments within the hotel.... Excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Walking distance to the centre of town, free parking, free WIFI, and spa amenities. Just what we needed after a day tripping around. The desk staff were helpful and friendly, the room was large, and well-appointed. Breakfast was good, with excellent wait staff.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline G
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I opted for this hotel after looking at the photos and star ratings.

Wish i had stayed with my friends recommendations.

The hotel is in what looks like a rundown area even though its only a few blocks from the station. The street behind is called Balaclava Street. That pretty much sums that bit up.

The room was dirty. Mould on the white sealant around the entire bath. The fresh towels on day1 had long black hairs on them so i put them on the floor and use spares. Then the next day it had reappeared on the towel rail!!!

The rooms are pretty poorly looked after. Almost like a DIY dad is looking after the place and squirting white sealant weekly in all the gaps in the skirting and sink area.

My advice for a room thats 100 quid + is to Stay around the corner at the Hilton Garden Inn and enjoy higher quality experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MRHYD56
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We spent 15 days in Scotland, and this was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had (short of a stay in an old student hostel 30 years ago). We booked 3 rooms for family. Our room had no air-conditioning working, a cracked sink and dirty carpets. My son and his wife had a room that had dirty linens and stained ceiling tiles. My other son had a single room, and his was OK.
Staff seemed down-trodden and unhappy, breakfast was just tolerable. When items were out, they were not replaced.

We stayed out as late as we could, and I only slept on top of bed with a blanket I bought.

When we arrived, the first thing we did was look for another hotel, but were unable to find one that could accommodate parking for a minivan we were driving at even a reasonable price.

Lobby was very shabby and the front windows were very dirty and the carpeting in the halls was frayed down the center. Not a good first impression when we arrived. YIKES! Avoind like the plague.

Room Tip: Avoid the 5th floor where we stayed. I wish we had taken photos
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MariaLindsay
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Mar......

Thank you for placing your review on Tripadviser, I was very concerned to read your comments and the headline.

In relation to comment in relation to housekeeping and dirty carpets, I am at a loss to explain this as I am sure you have seen the excellent feedback that hotel receives in relation to housekeeping, but please do accept my sincere apologies if your rooms were affected.

In regard to the look of the hotel, the hotel is very traditional in it appearance and we have an ongoing maintenance program and I am sorry you felt that hotel was shabby.

Breakfast again is an area we get much praise and certainly the buffets are kept well maintained and top up - but if we failed to do this during your stay I am very sorry and I have spoken to the team to check back on our training records and ensure no further repeat.

I am really sorry that you did not speak to my management team about your concerns as I am sure had we been made aware of this we would have done all we could to rectify your points to your total satisfaction.

I do hope you had a great tour of Scotland and thank you again for your feedback

Sincerely

Philip

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Spent 7 nights at the Menzies & found the time well spent. Clean room, nice breakfast (included), the location is not the nicest but the hotel is located centrally. Staff friendly & helpful. The elevator broke so we were happy to be on the second floor. The front revolving door broke twice.
Not a bad hotel but may need some investment to prevent the mechanical breakdowns.
I'd stay there again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Automandan
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just had an overnight stay in this hotel. Excellent stay,large bedroom well presented and a king size bed,great sleep. Dinner was one of the best I've ever had,excellent food,service and setting,the staff were first class. We used the fitness centre for a swim and steam room and thought it was really good.,I can't find anything to complain about and we will return.

Room Tip: Can't really say,we stayed on first floor facing the river Clyde
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple