“well run, staff very helpful, huge rooms and central- and a pool !”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #47 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“well run, staff very helpful, huge rooms and central- and a pool !”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

wasnt expecting much from a hotel £70 saturday night but was delighted. its budget prices but feels like proper old fashioned well run hotel. nothinbg too much trouble , they brought champagne flutes to room, called cabs, good wifi in rooms, when my hairdryer didnt work another appeared within minutes. only criticism rooms very hot and no opening window. will stay again .

Room Tip: great for a girls night out . use air con before sleeping
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank missmodus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I am at the Menzies now for two nights on business. It is a lovely hotel, the bedroom is spacious, comfortable and quiet. However I was furious to be refused dinner in the restaurant tonight because there is a coach party in the Hotel. Why wasn't I told this earlier? I could have eaten whilst I was in the city centre earlier this evening. No doubt this is a deliberate policy to ensure you are a captive diner. I am now forced to eat a more snack type meal in the bar. Don't get me wrong, the bar is very nice, as are the staff and I expect the food will be good (I had the food last night as room service) but that does not make up for the fact I wanted dinner, not a bar meal. Disgraceful way to treat your guests Menzies.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Wendy F
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear....w

Thank you for placing your review on the site and I have tried to contact you unsuccessfully. As I mentioned I was very concerned to read your feedback, as you can see from the site my team try there hardest to go the extra mile for our guests. The Brasserie is very popular and like any restaurant in Glasgow we would always advise to book to ensure your reservation can be taken.

When we know we have high demand we advise our guests at check in,so I am not sure why you were not told that the Brasserie was busy that evening and I have asked my Front Office Manager to review this.

I am really sorry that you did not speak to my management team at that time who I am sure could have helped you rather than you walking away thinking we had refused you a table for the night.

I would like to thank you for your very kind comments about the hotel and staff and do hope that at some point in the future we may welcome you back.
Sincerely
Philip
Ayr
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Overnight stay in large and well furnished room. Everything you would expect from a top class Hotel. Pleasant and friendly staff who were prepared to help in any way. Typical Glasgow welcome! We stayed on an Easybreaks offer which included dinner and breakfast, and both meals were most enjoyable in a very pleasant dining room. Didn't try the leisure centre but it looked very nice. Parking costs £4 00 for a 24hour stay which is good value for a city Hotel. Will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed here several times in different rooms and always enjoy myself and feel at home. The studio apt was well kitted out and dinner was fantastic. The spa staff were lovely too. All in all a brilliant short break.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
limerick
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed here overnight with my family in advance of ferry trip from troon. I did not know what to expect. As you enter the hotel the reception area it is open and airy. I had booked a family room for 5, i worry about these rooms as they tend to be cramped. but this was not the case. A lovely big room and very clean. There was a fan in the room as it was very warm on the day this was brilliant. We went down for dinner. food lovely. All my group did well though i have to say I was not as lucky as I ordered the pork and got only one slice and was a poor serving. The waiting staff were great. Over all the meal was lovely and for two daughters both veggies they had choice. Its always stir fry in most places which is the lazy way out but here they did stuffed peppers and she loved it. The dining room was very hot and not comfortable. It needed air-conditioning on. But over all it was good. Slept well, Breakfast had a good variety but it would have been nice if the tea pot was left to the table instead of taken away after mugs were filled fave having to ask for more. These are only small little things, it was a lovely hotel and my gang enjoyed it

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank clevercat123
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just home from a 2 night stay at the Menzies Hotel. Thought it looked a little "tired" from outside - couldn't have been more wrong. Lovely hotel, spotless through out. Great car parking facility, only £4 per day/night. Friendly, helpful staff. Huge, very comfortable beds. We had the best 2 nights sleep for a long time, bliss! The room was really hot when we first went into, but in no time the air con had it perfect. We never got the chance to use the pool etc and never actually ate at the hotel so can't make any comments. This is why I have only gave it 4 out of 5. We are planning another Glasgow trip and will definitely stay here and will try the food and facilities. It was really handy for heading into the city. A 15 min leisurely walk, which we didn't mind. We did catch a taxi on out first outing to Byre's road it cost about £6 and on the Fri night we got a taxi to Bath street (city centre) it was £3, we walked back because it wasn't actually far. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, great place as a base to your city break! Oh also had ice machine on floor which a cilling bucket - great for wine or milk!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathryn M
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I booked a spa day deal for last Tuesday(17th June). From the moment I called to book, it was clear the team there would be lovely and helpful. The deal was champagne afternoon tea and two treatments, plus use of the leisure facilities all day. For the value price I assumed it would be ok-ish but was pleasently surprised when it was much more than that.
It was completely hassle free to organise and I sent an email prior to arriving to ask for special requirements for the sandwiches. When we arrived on the morning this had been communicated to the Savannah team who then asked what fillings we would prefer- outstanding service and we never felt like we were being awkward when requesting things. We were presented with robes, taken on a tour of where everything was and timings confirmed for treatements and tea. The afternoon tea was completely delicious in every way- no fiddly faf, properly nice items including a cupcake each- divine! When we were taken for the treatments the team asked would we like to be treated in the same room as we were sisters- lovely gesture. The treatments, which we expected to be second rate given the deal we got, were outstanding. I really wish I could remember the two girls names- I am also sorry we had no cash as we both wanted to leave them a nice tip for the service they'd provided- good work and thank you! Throughout our time, all the team seemed exceptionally friendly and very keen to ensure we had the best stay possible. The building may not look like much but the service is second to none- we'll be back! Thank you so much for such a pleasent day!

Room Tip: I didn't stay overnight but can only assume the sleep quality, rooms and childrens activities wo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family