Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
$274
$268
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$190
$232
$212
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$201
$171
Agoda.com
$313
$264
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$140
Orbitz.com
$168
$222
TripAdvisor
2,372 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiescity centresecure parkingswimming poolsteam roomleisure clubon arrivalgood sizecar parkroom was largeargyle streeta bit tiredweekend breakrestaurant staffreception staffwould stay againbuffet style
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We like the Menzies for many reasons, including its convenience, style, comfort and cleanliness, its efficient and courteous staff, its food, the health spa, and touches like the availability of restaurant food in the bar before 7 pm - essential for concert-goers! We have had four satisfactory visits.

All we would change is to switch off muzak in the dining-room, and the TV in the spa changing-rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014

First impression of our room was bad. The walls were full of holes and covered with black scrapes and stains. It was tatty. Room was a nice size. One chair had a stain that looked like someone had piddled in it. Drinking glass filthy. Very wobbly table A bulb sticking out of top of lampshade. The fridge was turned on but was warm and smelly and had nothing in it and was unusable anyway. We asked for it to be changed or mended and were first told that it was a not a fridge but a minibar and will not actually keep anything cold. This was probably the most stupid comment I have ever heard in a hotel and was totally lost for words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rather dank smell on entering the room. Little in room info. and some was out of date (wrong prices e.g. car park) and some leaflets were a bit screwed up. Does have free wifi (but does need repeated log-ons). Only clock was on TV and this had the wrong time. Breakfast OK but £8 each and too much tinned fruit (fresh please for these prices). Good bed. This hotel needs to decorate and do some basic things better. This may be 4 stars but is on the way downhill and if it gets any worse would be very bad choice but at the moment is just hanging on to OK. And I agree with another reviewer that the bar prices are stupid.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Whatbob
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Stewart,

Thank you for responding to my contact e-mail through the site and for taking the time to talk to me this morning. I really appreciate being able to talk directly to you rather sending a blank e-mail and it helps enable us to fully understand what happened so that we can take appropriate action.

As I said please accept my apologies for your dissappointment in relation to your room. I have now personnally checked the room and note the small series black marks and see that we have tried to remove them but sadly this removes the wall paper which we are now unable to purchase. I have asked that this room be highlight for decoration. As I mentioned I checked 16 rooms yesterday and we have a roling program of decoration thoughout the hotel and I am sorry that we had not reach that particular room.

Your feedback in relation to breakfast I was concerned at, as your can see the guest feedback is hugely positive in relation to our breakfast offering. I note you felt that cold buffet was mainly tinned and I can confirm that there are only 2 items Orange and Grapefruit segments and this was more due to the volumes and that we try to offer a balanced selection with over 100 items on our buffets we could not produce everything fresh. I note you wife suffers from some allegies and prefers fresh fruit segments and as we discussed had we been made aware of this we would have produced this specifically from the kitchen and I have marked this on your profile so that on your next stay we can have this prepared for her.

The point about the mini fridge I would agree is not helpful and I can only apologise for that and I will have that particular fridge inspected and any corrective action needed taken.

Thank you also for your understanding in relation to our bar prices as I was very concerned to read your comment that seem to echo from a previous review. I note you had Gin and Tonic's as we discussed we do not use the "gun" tonic as our belief is at the moment the quality is not there and therefore this does make the drinks slightly more expensive than your pub. I also discussed that we regularly bench mark ourselves against the other 4 star brands and we are one of the most competitive 4 star hotels in the city. Thank you for confirming this against another well known brand in a city you recently stayed in.

Stewart, I am please to hear that overall you did enjoyed your stay and will contact me in the future when you have a requirement and I look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had told by friends this was a place to try. Check in and parking was very smooth, room was nice, good size although a bit dated. Bathroom also a good size and very clean as was all of the hotel that we saw. Evening menu not extensive but not too expensive.
Breakfast let this hotel down. Waited 15 mins for tea and coffee after asking three times, buffet food poorly cooked and not very hot. My husband ordered fish from the menu which was lovely but was only given half of a fillet.
On the plus side the lady at reception was one of the most helpful and well trained people I have met and the duty manager was also very good. I don't know if we would go back as there are so many good hotels in the centre of Glasgow to pick from.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shona w
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Shona W,

Thank you for your review and I was very sorry to read about your dissappointment in relation to Breakfast which I understand both the Duty Manager and the Operations Manager sat down to discuss this with you.

In regard to the service of tea and Coffee and I very sorry that there was a delay and I do believe that you entered the restaurant at a very busy spell which appears on this particular morning when everyone else in the hotel decided to come at once - I can only apologise that our normal service could not be met at this time and assure you it is not indicative.

In relation to the size of the fish portion - we offer a fillet of fish. I can assure you that the size of the portion is not to save on cost as you mentioned at reception but it is designed as part of a balanced breakfast and should any of our guests require more than the standard amount we serve, we are happy to do so once informed. We do not serve a whole haddock for breakfast simply down to the large size of a whole fish.

I was pleased to hear that you very impressed with the rest of the stay and thank you for highlighting those team members in the hotel that went the extra mile for you and for your kind comments. I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and I understand that my operations manager has asked that you personnally contact him to make any future bookings directly through him.

SIncerely

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Bar just too expensive.Ok but outrageous bar prices. This cannot be justified. Spoils a hotel when they try to rip you off for some things. Not an especially nice bar. Rest OK and fairly standard for this type of hotel. Easy access and fairly access. Clean and tidy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MarthahollyBrighton
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Marthaholy....

Thank you for your review obviously we are very disappointed to read your comments and I have tried to contact you through the site to ascertain the aspects of your stay that you felt warranted the rating, but to date you have not responded.

In relation your heading about our bar prices I would just advise that we are constantly monitor where our pricing sits in the 4 star market and I can assure you that in the city centre our pricing is as competitive and if not more competitive than some rather well known brands - I am sorry if our current pricing caused you such offence.

In relation to the look of the bar, I take your comments on board and will certainly review this when we are looking at our capital plans - I would however highlight the point that your comment are very much a personal preference and sorry that you felt so strongly about an area that we get many positive points about.

I was pleased to read you kind comments about the team and cleanliness and will ensure all those involved share your praise.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel

Sincerely

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with this hotel. The bath fills up in twenty seconds, the gym and sauna, steam etc is all included, the breakfast is good, the reception staff are amazingly helpful, friendly and remembered my name and the standard rooms are spacious.

I also had an executive apartment one night for no extra charge- a two floor room with a lounge, kitchen, huge bathroom with separate bath and shower- a great loft style.

It is a little out of town, but good for business trips and a cut above the other business hotels in the same area- Hilton Garden Inn and Crowne Plaza.

Also worth noting that they have a great reward scheme!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business