“Very nice hotel 10 mins walk from city centre”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice big room

The room and hotel were very clean. Spa area nice too.
Good food
Really friendly staff

10 minutes walk from Glasgow Central - though the area you walk through is not pretty.

Stayed in a lot worse places.
Would go again

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel Glasgow

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Four of us were up in Glasgow for the recent Jools Holland concert and with the two closest hotels to the SECC and Hydro being full we were left looking for a hotel nearby so that we did not have too far to walk on a cold November night.
The Menzies Hotel is ideally situated between 5 and 10 minutes walk depending on how fast you walk. It is also just a 10 minute walk from the shopping centre.
We had looked around and being in the Marriott Rewards scheme we looked at the Marriott which is straight across the road from the Menzies, but when we realsied that Menzies were charging the same price for a D,B&B rate as the Marriott wanted for room only, there was only one winner.
The bedroom was very spacious for a business hotel, with the most powerfull shower I have ever experienced in any hotel, which was great. Bed was large and comfortable.
Breakfast was good, nice selection of cereals etc, though the hot items were not the warmest they could have been, there was also an option to have Smoked haddock instead of the usual Scottish breakfast. Though we were on a D,B&B rate we were eating elsewhere for dinner, but the lady at Reception told us we could take lunch instead, which was appreciated. Parking is limited in their car park, but we managed to get in. There is street parking, but you would only park there after the meters are finished.
The bar in the evening was well staffed and comfortable to sit in and not too expensive.
Overall a very nice hotel, attentive pleasant staff and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was my 3rd visit to the Menzies Hotel and although some areas are looking a wee bit tired, the staff and cleanliness of the hotel make up for any of it's shortcomings. The beds are huge and very comfortable. The hotel was fully booked and the restaurant staff were extremely busy. However, the staff were helpful and pleasant at all times. The pool and spa facilities are excellent too - a perfect way to relax after spending the day shopping!

Room Tip: We requested a high floor and had an undisturbed sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The spa is a little outdated, nothing a spring clean wouldn't solve. The jacuzzi was very good but the sauna has seen better days (broken wooded slat benches) and the steam room didn't have a great smell?? The treatments where ok although I thought the hot stones were meant to be left for a short time on the body to penetrate heat. Photos used to advertise this would suggest that?? The facial was fine but I would have preferred if my eye make up was removed (I would have done this if asked) before the treatment as I then had to remove all the good work done by washing my face!! In terms of the champagne tea, I was so excited about this but was very let down. The table next to us had the 3 tiered cake stand which is a lovely touch. I expected we would get the same however ours arrived on a silver tray. This was more disappointing as the used crockery on table next to us had been sat for over 10 mins as no one cleared it away. The cleanliness of the room was also not great, food stuff on the floor at your feet (bare feet). Very little attention to detail yet the lads on duty stood and chatted to mates for ages. I was also disappointed with the choice of sandwiches (great selection normally) however when we were there they had no roast ham or roast beef. A lot could be done to improve this spa break. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Fab beauty & leisure facilities. Meals were very nice and the staff were just so friendly, This hotel is not in the centre but it's only a pleasant 10 minute walk to the hustle & bustle. Will be returning soon - thank you Menzies

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've just returned home from a short weekend break in Glasgow and would like to highly recommend the Menzies Hotel. This was my first visit and my family and I were very impressed with this accommodation. The rooms are spacious and very cosy. The king size bed we had was huge and very, very comfortable. The hotel was fully booked both nights but remarkably there was no noise and I had a great nights sleep both nights. The rooms were very clean and tea and coffee facilities were provided along with a small fridge and television. The swimming pool and leisure facilities were excellent. We found all staff members very friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived until we left. A special mention to the restaurant staff who were very busy both mornings at breakfast time but coped amicably. There is very little that can be done if large groups of guests decide to have breakfast at the same time, but they coped very well and always with a smile and very pleasant manner. Nothing was too much work for them. Well done to you all! If I am planning another trip to Glasgow that necessitates an overnight stay the Menzies will be my first port of call. Another plus is it is only a short walk in to the city centre and ten minute drive from the Braehead Arena.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Menzies Glasgow on a few occasions now and continue to recommend the hotel to friends and family, as it always meets expectations and more.

The staff and management team a very friendly and are really helpfully. There is a good selection of room types here and my wife and I stayed in one of the apartment rooms which was amazing. Self-catering, so ideal for taking youngsters. Double rooms are comfortable and clean, as you would expect. The pool and leisure facilities all really great and worth using.

The hotel is a ten minute walk from Central Station, so well located and very close to the M8 motorway link and Hydro music venue & SECC. My wife and I walked back from the Hydro after a gig on our most recent visit and finished the night with a relaxed drink (or two) in the decent hotel bar. Another great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple