“One of best hotels in Glasgow”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #48 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Stirling, United Kingdom
“One of best hotels in Glasgow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and me has invited by our friend's 60th Birthday treat with friends and relatives, we has surprised to see Menzies Hotel give us impressed than we expected. all staff give us good smiling to welcome us coming on our first visit to stay overnight. the room is very clean and good spacious to make us good comfort relaxing, the bar staff & waiters are friendly and good respect working. We all has enjoyed much at the function party, the food buffet served hot with sandwiches are very good. After day the breakfast has good choices which we like to choose any small or large. NOTE;- Car parking charge £4-00 per day nearby, there have 24 hours surveillance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saltford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and it's an excellent hotel. It's a short walk from the town centre. The rooms are large and spacious and the beds are large and very comfortable. It's relatively modern and the decor is in good condition but not perfect. Breakfast is good bot I hate the plates being taken before you finish chewing the last mouthful. Overall this is a very good hotel. Comfortable and professionally run. Parking is in a secure yard just over the road. Staff were all very good, professional and polite.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights in Glasgow in the Menzies Glasgow Hotel (first time I have stayed in the Menzies), and I must say It is the best Hotel I have stayed in for a while. I don't usually right reviews but in this case I felt I would like to highlight how much I enjoyed my stay. Some of the things I consider important in a Hotel were just first class ! Firstly, the Bedroom was extremely comfortable, with a large comfy bed with THREE pillows each !! The shower (very important !) was great, and the large flat Screen TV (with SKY Sports !) was a bonus !! The Hotel is in a good location close to the City . We went to a Football game at the other side of town on the first night and walked to the Cinema during the following afternoon. On Friday evening we took the underground train (Central Station very close to the Hotel) to the S.E.C.C. to see a concert. We had one meal in the Hotel Restaurant and I must say that it was absolutely delicious. The hotel has a nice Bar too with TVs on the wall, which is great for sports fans like me !! All in all, this was a great 3 days break which I will definately be doing again, and I will certainly be staying at the Menzies. The price was extremely affordable considering it included the evening dinner and breakfast every morning, I'm not sure where we could have got better value. Thanks to all the lovely staff there for helping make this a great break. Regards, Norman & Susan Shirron, Aberdeen.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Norman S
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Booked 2 nights here as we were going to see The Vatersey Boys on the Ferry, excellent location. All meals we had were very good, all staff keen to help and smiley! Watched the rugby in the bar in the afternoon and the Polish girls behind the bar were excellent a credit to the hotel. Our room was comfy and very quiet as we were facing the Clyde. Would definately return, mentioned it was my birthday at check in and got a birthday card from the hotel! Nice touch, thanks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Everything about this hotel is fantastic, the very spacious room , comfy bed. All u could expect in the room, tea and coffee facilities, fridge, iron,iron board, hair dryer.I had really comfy nights sleep no noise. The hotel leisure facilities are excellent had lovely relaxing swim ,sauna and jacuzzi .
Staff are excellent and nothing is too much bother for them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Strathdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here for dinner, bed and breakfast offer which was good value for money. Our rooms were spacious, clean and beds were cosy and comfortable. Food was good - had ours in lounge bar as we were going to a show at SECC. Service was very fast which suited us. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Made use of the leisure facilities the next morning which was very enjoyable.
Only negative comment I would make is that the street is not very fitting for a four star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dollar, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Myself and 2 friends and there mum were here for a girls weekend one of my friends and myself have been to the hotel a few times before and love it the other two are now hooked to, From check in to check out the staff can't do enough for you , As for the food it's lovely as my two friends are the fussy kind but they both loved it, we all had a nice chillax in the spa too, Will definitely be back soon.... Well done to all staff

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends