Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel
  • Room Service
Albion Hotel(Glasgow)
Argyll Hotel(Glasgow)
1,548 results
All reviewsbotanic gardenswest endbyres roadbovine restaurantgin barwaitrose car parkterrace bargreat western roadoran morhilton glasgowcity centresubway stationroad noisehaggisbars and restaurantsbreakfast was excellentreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2011

At the age of 40 plus we made our first ever visit to Glasgow, we chose the Grosvenor Hilton Hotel for our stay and were not dissappointed. A perfect mix of nice hotel, friendly staff. excellent Resteraunt, Lively Cocktail Bar and Godd Scottish Breakfast to start the day. Our two night break was just perfect. Thanks to all at the hotel that made it that way.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
GlasgowGrovenor, Front Office Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Dear Bluearmy01,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our establishment. I'll be passing them along to our team who will undoubtedly be motivated by them.

Also, you will be pleased to know that the restaurant where you enjoyed your meal is now officially one of 3 finalists for Best New Restaurant in Scotland!

Hope to see you with us again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2011

My partner booked to stay in this hotel for three nights some four months ago, and we were both very much looking forward to this trip. The entrance to the hotel is nothing special and is almost hidden in a side road to the neighbouring Waitrose, something on their part cannot be helped. However, when you walk in there is a very obvious need for this hotel to refurbished. The sofas looked very tired and worn, as door the carpets and the general decor of the place.

One the first night we decided to order room service, which at that time of night we could either have a sandwich or curry. We opted for the curry and were served with nothing short of substandard slop. It wasn't as advertised, it was almost like a microwave meal but worse. The naan bread was solid and it was just awful. The nerve of the place to charge us £36 astounds me!

The room itself, was quite small and again the decor was dated and not up to the standard of a 4 star hotel! The bed made A LOT of noise and the corridors were more often than not crowded with housekeeping trolleys.

All in all for a three night stay, well below par. Not somewhere we will frequent again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear EmmaandStu,

I am truly sorry to hear that we made such a poor impression on you and that you had such a bad stay whilst being our guests.

As you may have gathered from my previous responses, we are about to undergo a major refurbishment project for the rooms and entrance area. However, it must be mentioned that we remain a classic-style hotel operating inside a 200 year-old listed building and therefore, we will always be different than the new minimalistic hotels of today.

What I do find inexcusable is the quality of the food you were served. A guest within our walls should never be served sub-par food and I will be launching an investigation to find out what went wrong that night and take measures to prevent it from happening again.

I can only hope that you will give us the chance of showing you the level of service we are capable of providing in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2011

After a disasterous visit in October we complained and were offered a free night which we took for Celtic Connections.

What a difference and made even better when a very friendly receptionist, after a discusion about our last stay, up graded us to a much better room at the back of the hotel. An excellent stay, good friendly staff. If you are booking don't stay in the rooms at the front near the road junction.

iN THIS DAY AND AGE THEY SHOULD HAVE FREE WIRLES

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear stewartdick,

First of all, thank you for giving us a second chance to prove that we are capable of delivering a high standard of service.

We were very sorry to hear of the problems you had experienced with your room on your previous stay and, actually, it was feedback like yours which prompted the multimillion-pound refurbishment effort that is about to be undertaken.

It will be our privilige to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2011

Lovely, large room. The staff remembered a little difficulty from my last stay (I had forgotten) and made a lovely gesture to make up for it. Fantastic. Comfortable and warm in every way.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo

Dear gulravage,

It was our pleasure to be able to "go that extra mile" on this occassion. We aim at providing the best service and it is refreshing to hear that we did the correct thing by you.

I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the future,

Reviewed January 22, 2011

I have just stayed here overnight attending a company dinner. On arrival at the hotel reception staff were friendly and helpful. My room was a standard twin which was adequate. My only complaint if I had one was no beside light. It made the room quite dark. My room was on the back above the bins and looked out on to the Waitrose car park behind the hotel.
The food was excellent and the staff were friendly. The breakfast was great but I did want to mention that the chef on duty was more than happy to make me porridge and serve it at my table. The location of this hotel is great plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. The Waitrose delivery lorries could make it difficult to unload at reception at times and the car park is fairly small. Overall though everything was great and I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011

Dear Speedie2,

I will make sure our breakfast team is made aware of the great service they provided you.

For future stays, you will be happy to know that we provide additional parking space within the Waitrose car park across the lane and that we are about to start a refurbishment project that will address any issues you may have experienced in our rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you again Speedie2