1,749 results
All reviews botanic gardens west end byres road bovine restaurant gin bar waitrose car park terrace bar great western road oran mor hilton glasgow city centre kelvingrove museum bars and restaurants haggis stayed here for one night university wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here a few times as it is handy for the university.
Facilities are OK, food is awful but the real problem are the staff: unknowledgeable and rude. I had an issue with the front desk and when I asked to speak to the manager didn’t get a better outcome.

Trip type: Traveled on business
LBolan, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear SimonLikesTravel

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor.

It was disappointing to hear that on this occasion you felt let down with the service you received and for this I apologise.

Please be assured that our entire team always strives to provide the best service t all of our guests and I am sorry you felt you did not receive this during your latest stay.

Your feedback has been highlighted to our General Manager and the relevant Heads of Department to address as this assists us to constantly improve.

Thanks once again for your review.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had an overnighter here last weekend and our stay was not enjoyable at all. Our room was to the front overlooking the main road and with no double glazed windows, was incredibly noisy from very early morning. The room was also stiflingly hot. And if I’m really picky, I hate an over bath shower with plastic curtain - not even a screen! But by far the worst thing about this hotel was the breakfast. Watered down orange juice, inedible bacon, eggs that looked as though they had been sitting for hours - and most of the food was cold. Absolutely appalling. We complained and the management agreed that the food was not up to standard. They refunded us 20% of our bill (£18) which in retrospect was probably not the full cost of our breakfasts. We will never return to this hotel. There are so many more great hotels in Glasgow.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank margotmcneil
LBolan, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear margotmcneil

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor.

It was disappointing to hear that on this occasion we did not fully meet the high standards you have come to expect from Hilton and for this I apologise.

Please be assured that your feedback has been highlighted to the entire team as this assists us to constantly improve our service and property.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Had a great couple of nights here. Very comfy beds and quiet room. The room was very chilly (the radiator is behind thick curtains) but I was given an electric heater, which sorted the problem out. The staff at the hotel, without exception, are so superbly friendly and welcoming. Not sure if this is just what Glaswegians are like, but the welcome was superb and nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend.

Dear Spuplepink

Thanks for your review of the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor.

It is always great to hear our guests feedback as this lets us know what we've got right and what we need to work on.

Please be assured that your feedback has been highlighted to the entire team and we hope you choose to return to the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor in the future.

LBolan

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Well located for the subway to town & driving to the airport - an easy and comfortable night for a stopover before flying home. Parking was convenient - not on-site but next door and you unload at the hotel entrance. My wife stays here for business meetings at the university, so the choice of a room at the back was easy for a quiet double-glazed night, although the "best" rooms are apparently at the front. We took the offer of a £20 upgrade to a family room (which we probably didn't need) at the back. They've managed to turn a very distinguished Victorian terrace into an anonymous but smart business hotel on the inside; breakfast was no more than ordinary, but the staff were excellent - friendly, efficient and helpful.

Room tip: Back for quiet, front for views of the Botanic Gardens across the road
Date of stay: January 2020
LBolan, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear stubbersfield

Thanks for your review of the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor.

It is always great to receive feedback fro our guests as this lets us know what we get right and what we need to improve on.

Please be assured that your feedback has been highlighted to the entire team as this assists us to make changes where necessary.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

Room smelt off, no aircon, too hot even with the window open all day and the heater off (it's January for Pete's sake!). The attempt to get some cool oxygen into my lungs resulted in high blood pressure due to the regular sirens on the street below. The Upper Ground Floor bar smelt like a nursing home, breakfast was dry scrambled eggs, dry bacon, hard sausages, stale bread and stale crumpets. The one night I ordered room service, I could have eaten better (and more cheaply), if I had cooked cheese on toast at home. I can tell you don't cook fresh on site! I know because I have eaten the EXACT same food at a different hotel chain! Foul! I was here for 4 gruelling nights, so it was NOT a one off bad experience. Shame on you, Hilton. Honours my arse!

Dear airheart_ash

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor.

It is deeply disappointing to hear that on this occasion we did not meet the high standards you have come to expect from Hilton.

Please be assured that your comments have been highlighted to our Management Team as this assists us to address any issues raised.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope you choose to return to the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor in the future.