Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel
Albion Hotel(Glasgow)
Great 4.5/5
Argyll Hotel(Glasgow)
1,548 results
All reviewsbotanic gardenswest endbyres roadbovine restaurantgin barwaitrose car parkterrace bargreat western roadoran morhilton glasgowcity centresubway stationroad noisehaggisbars and restaurantsbreakfast was excellentreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2009

I wanted to stay in the west end area and this hotel was the best option. To be honest I did not like it. The room was small and a bit dated. I wasn't impressed.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LAPO76
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Had a one night stop over courtesy of the employer in November 08.
Having read the reviews I was wary of what I was getting into, but at the end of the day the only real complaint I have is noise. The room I had was on the main road outside the hotel and I am just not used to the volumes of traffic passing by, or the occasional siren of an emergency service vehicle.

How the place compares with its hey day when Rio Stakis owned it I am not sure , but the general consensus from the locals I spoke to was that it has gone backwards.

The staff did nothing to make me feel valued or welcome. Only had breakfast and cant remember much about it a month after the event. Was better than a most but not the best. The room seemed cramped and in need of an upgrade. But the facilities were certainly better than the Premier Inns of this world.

On this basis, I will give pass marks with the comment, needs improvement!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Blueangels
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I stayed here on business for a couple of nights in October. The room was fine, nothing special and less than I expected of the usual Hilton standard. It was clean and towels etc replenished but as some others have said, very dated. The worse thing about this hotel is the staff. They are very unhelpful and look miserable. At breakfast both mornings we had to go in search of someone to get tea and coffee. Eventually the waitress arrived with a teabag and sachet of coffee in her hand, and some hot water! The plates weren't cleared away although the standard of breakfast was good. The reception staff were extremely unhelpful, particularly when one of my colleagues was asked for her credit card to pay for the room even though we had all the paperwork necessary to prove this was on the company account. Parking is terrible and the receptionist told us not to park out the front as we would get a parking ticket, and the doors were about to be locked as there was work getting done on the building outside. This is a really poor reflection on the Hilton chain and needs work urgently on customer relations as well as the building. We certainly will look elsewhere for business accommodation in the future - the City Inn is much better value for money in Glasgow.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Donnamu
Reviewed October 19, 2008

Clean, typical Hilton hotel. I'm a Hilton platinum member, so I got a better room than I paid for which was a reasonable size, clean, recently refurbished and with a great bathroom. There was a flat screen TV, room safe and all the other usual Hilton facilities. I had no problem with noise as some others have mentioned, despite being by the lift. Staff were efficient and friendly. It's quite centrally located and the underground station is five minutes walk from the hotel. The area itself seemed fine despite us being warned about walking around there late at night. It was quite a vibrant part of the city with lots of shops, bars and restaurants. The only negative thing was a 4am wake up call by the fire alarm on the last night we were there and a 45 minute wait outside in the cold, but these things happen. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We were looking for somewhere for a 3 night stay and it was down to either Glasgow or Edinburgh, as the are near hand. Whilst trawling the net I came across the Grosvenor at a bargain price for B&B so I snapped it up. Checking in was troublefree and the room was more than adequate, with flat screen telly , tea and coffee and the usual toiletries. Breakfast , we thought , was excellent , they will even make you an omellete , French toast , or your eggs to order. All staff were friendly and helpful. The local nightlife suited us just fine and I booked a couple of restaurants for pre- theatre meals. Transport links are good for buses and the subway, although for some reson no tubes after around 6pm on a Sunday. You can also board the sightseeing bus in Byres Road which was good value.
Drink prices in the hotel bar are on the steep side but you don`t have to venture far for cheaper options.
We will be in Edinburgh for Hogmanay , hotel , and restaurants booked since June. We enjoy both cities for short breaks.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple