“BEAUTIFUL HOTEL”

Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“BEAUTIFUL HOTEL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Recently I stayed at this hotel with my family. We booked a Deluxe plus room for 2 adult and 2 children, Its cheaper for £137 with breakfast. Parking only £10. We got a room on third floor. Hotel decor is beautiful. Rooms usual Hilton quality and the breakfast also! We took some room service food, it's just ok! Overall we enjoy the stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Prem K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I'm from Glasgow and have booked this hotel on a number of occasions when I'm at home, purely for the location.
I stayed nine nights and quite frankly, if I hadn't been so busy and the location so handy, I would've moved on after the first night. The main issue for me was that there was weddings taking place all weekend. I had a very long flight and got to the hotel around 8, so imagine my misery to be put in a room directly above the wedding Receiption room! It was literally like I was in the middle of the reception itself, so so loud. I called and asked for a room change but there was none left apparently and that I could expect the noise to go on until 1am...lovely! Why couldn't they have allocated that room to the wedding party?!!! I was treated to that noise for the entire stay as there's also a pub downstairs which plays loud music. It was only after complaining via twitter that someone somewhere agreed to take 20% off of my bill for two of my 9 nights... Bit shabby given that the whole 9 nights were pretty miserable.
The room itself was tiny. Like, couldn't walk round the bed without hitting a wall. It wasn't very clean and the bathroom was a bit dingy.
It's all about location for this hotel. Straight out the door and into my favourite place in Glasgow, Byres road where there are plenty of bars, restaurants and cafés serving breakfast and delicious dinner etc, so I don't bother with the overpriced hotel food. (Although I did used to LOVE hilton breakfasts!).
Even given this, doubt I'll stay here again. It's a shame as I'm back in August for four weeks but four weeks is too long a time to go without sleep!

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Atc54m
Yoknapatawpha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

The location is good, the service is efficient and friendly, the rooms are clean. The decorative scheme is bland but inoffensive. And that's it. The hotel is by no means cheap. In fact, it was one of the most expensive hotels we came across when we were researching where to stay. We thought expensive meant high quality. And, frankly, it isn't. There is no climate control in the rooms: the WiFi has to be paid for; and the bar and restaurant are, well, noisy and downmarket. There are less expensive hotels in Glasgow, many of them; there may be better ones we don't know of - let's hope so, anyway.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded if you're there at the weekend.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank QuentinYoknapatawpha
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Spent one night at this hotel with a view to stay longer if we were impressed but we were not. Right from the check-in due to a lack of info & we were disappointed with the room which had mould around the bath & could not leave the windows open due to the constant traffic noise. We have stayed in Hilton's before but would not recommend this one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Diane809
Warwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Impressive building in a good location with Byres road just around the corner. Staff was friendly but check-in time took a very long time unfortunately on both occasions I've stayed here. Rooms not very remarkable which isn't a good/bad thing on its own, it's not a boutique hotel and so the inside is styled like you'd expect from most Hiltons. I didn't have dinner here.

Excellent points to note: even though the hotel bar closes pretty early the night-porter/receptionist will temporarily re-open it again on request if you're a guest in the hotel. Secondly, and this is almost worthy of being included in the Hotels marketing material.... directly opposite the hotel in an old Church is the best Whisky Bar you'll ever find!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveller-935
Punta Gorda, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked this hotel using Hilton Honors points and also filled out the request for a room upgrade for an additional charge, if available. We arrived at the hotel on a Saturday afternoon and found several weddings in full swing. I was informed a room upgrade was not available due to the weddings. We proceeded to our very small and noisy room on the second floor. The room was hot and opening the windows was the only solution, unfortunately, the room was located just above a busy street. We were also located across the hall from a very active elevator meaning loud party goers throughout the night. I called the front desk asking to move rooms but was told no rooms were available. I asked if my Diamond Level status with Hilton could help in any way and was told no. The young lady at the front desk does get extra point for trying to solve our issue. After numerous calls, she elevated the problem to a manager. They arrived at our hotel room door a little after midnight. They had located a single room on a higher floor away from the street noise. The room was almost comical as it was the size of a large walk-in closet with a tiny double bed against a wall. The room was quiet and a little cooler so it was something of an improvement. The manager apologized for the inconvenience and promised a better room the next day. We awoke the following morning to a very pleasant note under our door asking us to contact the front desk for a new room. We called the front desk and were told our room would be ready by late afternoon, not exactly in a hurry to make things right. We arrived back at the hotel following a nice day of sightseeing and were greeted a room and two double beds. Not exactly what my wife and I were expecting given the issues of the previous night.
I will say the breakfast was delicious! Everything was piping hot and many food and juice selections to choose from. The staff in general was nice and genuinely tried to help. The young desk clerk tried very hard to make things right. The crew on duty for check-out was quite pleasant even going so far as to provide to-go coffees and pastries for our taxi ride to the airport. I fear the issues with this hotel lie more with management and bookings than with the day-to-day staff. The concierge was extremely helpful. The location of the hotel is good with many pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. The subway is a convenient two blocks away and is easy to use. Our trip to the City Center took less than 15 minutes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

For business travelers, I would not recommend this hotel. Every room has such poor internet connection that you will have to sit with your back to the door of your hotel room. For pleasure, it's fine. It is a very nice hotel, friendly staff, good location in the west end of Glasgow.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family