Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$190
$232
$212
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$201
$171
$313
$264
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$140
Orbitz.com
$168
$184
$177
$222
TripAdvisor
1,555 results
All reviewsbotanic gardenswest endbyres roadbovine restaurantgin barwaitrose car parkterrace bargreat western roadoran morhilton glasgowcity centresubway stationroad noisehaggisbars and restaurantsbreakfast was excellentreception staff
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton, Grosvenor for several nights over Christmas with my husband and 2 adult daughters. The staff were cheerful and efficient, happy to help. We had hoped for a twin room for my daughters but only a double was provided. Happily the facilities were so good that they had no complaints! The breakfast is not to be missed (even after a late night) and the beds were extremely comfortable. We were on the 2nd floor, and the rooms were beautifully refurbished, spotless, the temperature was perfect and it was blissfully quiet. The hotel is not cheap but it feels luxurious - a real treat. We found the bar in front of the hotel extremely useful to meet friends and family for coffee. I would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: My brother stayed with his family on the 3rd floor - they said it was noisy (squirrels? birds? or the roof), so ask for 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Martin W, General Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Dear maurac_12

Thank you for taking the time to review The Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, in particular the hotel amenities,service and staff. We have almost completed a full refurbishment of all 96 bedrooms and corridors, and I am pleased that you were allocated one of our recently completed rooms. I am sorry that you were not allocated the correct room type on arrival, but thank you for noting.
I am unsure as to the noise on the roof. We have recently made repairs to the roof, following on from the recent high winds, which could have been the cause.
Thanks again for the review, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We choise the Grosvenor Hotel because we were attending a wedding at Oran Mor, just next to the hotel. There were plenty of less expensive alternatives around, however as my wife was working the following day we decided to pay the extra for the Grosvenor so that we could get a good rest. We were given room 142. The noise from outside the hotel was unbearable. The window was single glased and poorly fitted. It was as if the room had no window at all and that we were trying to sleep outside on the street itself. I called reception at approx. 2am and we were moved to another room 227 which was at the back of the hotel and, although also single glazed, was fine. The receptionist told me that there was a programme of refurbishment underway and that secondary glazing was planned.

My wife can usually sleep through any noise, however this was even unacceptable for her. If you value a good night sleep don't stay here!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel and pray that the bins aren't due for collection.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Gooseton

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us at The Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor. I am sorry that you suffered a sleepless night as a result of street noise and your room allocation. The Glasgow Grosvenor is set in an ideal location for restaurants, bars and socializing, unfortunately we occassionally suffer noise disturbances due to this.
As part of our phased refurbishment we will be updating the windows and frames in all 96 of our rooms, which will reduce the possibility of noise impacting your stay in the future. This work is scheduled for completion early February. I am pleased that you were able to move rooms to the rear of the hotel for the remainder of the night.
Should you consider staying at the Glasgow Grosvenor in the future, we would be delighted to welcome you back and would recommend one of our front facing rooms, as these command beautiful views overlooking the Botanic Gardens.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have just returned from a weekend stay at the hilton glasgow Grosvenor hotel and can't recommend it enough. We stayed with a large party of around 30 people as it was our wedding weekend and everyone found the hotel perfect. Altough the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment you wouldn't of known about it.Most of our group got to stay in refurbished rooms and they were excellent, once all the rooms are completed I can't see how you could fault this hotel. The breakfast is also excellent with a large selection of hot and cold options , I recommend including breakfast if you are staying.

The hotels location in the heart of the west end is excellent but the best asset of this hotel is the staff. From the moment we arrived they couldn't do enough for us, from the guys on reception to the bar staff, everyone was so helpful and friendly, they even gave us complementary bottle of bubbly as a wedding gift. The majority of our group hadn't stayed in Glasgow before and they all commented on how excellent the hotel and it's staff were, I fine example for Glasgow.

Russell and Jane, Essex.

• Stayed: December 2011
Martin W, General Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2011

Dear Rustyo11

Thank you so much for your recent review of your stay at The Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor.

I recall your party being in the hotel and it was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us. I am so pleased that you were able to benefit from our newly refurbished bedrooms. By the early part of the new year we will have completed the bedroom refurbishment project, having completed all 96 rooms and corridors. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the hotel team, and thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

First time in the hotel and had to admit, it really was better than i expected. rooms were great, breakfast was fantastic and bovine was superb. the thing that realy made my stay memorable was young stephen in the terrace bar, he was an absolute credit to the hotel with everything being taken care without fuss. from smiling, joking and making me feel as though i was in my own home again he still maintained proffesionalism in what was obviously a very busy day for him. I will be back again to the hotel as the experience was unlike any other i have experienced and that includes 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: December 2011
Martin W, General Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Dear Taxi222

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in The Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor.

I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the fantastic amentities that we have on offer at the hotel, and will be sure to pass on your feedback to the departments mentioned.

I will also ensure that Stephen receives the recognition he deserves for displaying such high levels of customer service and thank you for sharing your feedback.

We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

stayed here for one night, nice clean rooms, great staff, friendly service.. only one negative -there was a stale smell in the bathroom, probably from the shower curtain. But overall very good value and would go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Martin W, Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2011

Dear Why-Vee

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at The Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor. I am delighted that you had a great experience, in particular the staff and service. I am disapointed that the bathroom did not meet our usually very high standard of cleanliness and will review, and take action where appropriate.

Once again thank you, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards