“Great hotel”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very nice hotel. Bed incredibly comfy with a selection of pillows for your comfort. Room was clean and tidy with plenty of room. To b honest I didnt think I was in a premier inn, I thought it was an upmarket hotel. The only thing that lets it down a bit is it's location. A bi scary at night. Breakfast was really nice and plentiful. Again very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Jane R,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

I am glad that the rooms more than met your expectations, and that you enjoyed your breakfast. We use all feedback to help motivate and coach our team, and they will certainly be happy to read your comments.

I hope you stay with us again if you are visiting Glasgow and I look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for two nights last week, very easy to locate the hotel - just off the motorway. We were able to park right outside the front door, there are additional spaces round the back and you need a token from reception for the barrier to leave. Easy five minute walk into the city centre.
The room was spotless, housekeeping service was very good. The bar and restaurant have just had a refurb and although the reception area is not quite finished it does not deter from the efficient service. Breakfast was excellent. All the staff we met were pleasant and very helpful. Would stay again.

Dear Karen G,

Many thanks for the nice review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

I was pleased to read your comments in particular about the service you received from the team. They work exceptionally hard to ensure all our guests have a great experience and they will be delighted to read your review.

I hope you continue to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to City Centre South.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed overnight at this Premier Inn while attending a family wedding. Good location, easy to find if you do a little homework. It has it's own car park with no overnight charge - a bonus not provided by locations nearer the city centre.The city centre is a five minute drive away across the river. Close to the Citizens Theatre. Rooms were a good size, larger I think than their equivalent in Manchester. Service was first class and breakfast was of a good quality. Would not hesitate to recommend this P.I. to anyone staying in the city on a reasonable budget.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor at the front, closest to the main road, never heard a thing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear PDorrian,

Thank you for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad to see that our hotel me your expectations in terms of location and bedrooms, and I am also delighted to see that our team managed to make your stay such a noteable one.

I hope the wedding you attended went well and I look forward to welcoming you back to City Centre South in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We (my husband and I) stayed here for 3 nights prior to a week on the Isle of Mull - I wanted to go and see as much as I could of Macintosh and the Glasgow Boys. We chose this hotel because we had been very pleased with our stays in Premier Inns on earlier jaunts, and this one had easy free parking. Initially my husband was surprised to find we were staying in the Gorbals, but in fact it was an ideal location for walking into the city centre, from where I used the opentop tour bus to visit most of my list of attractions. (Pound off voucher available from hotel) Breakfast was excellent as usual, although I would have liked some smoked fish on the menu! We also ate in twice in the evening - good value, tasty food. Only gripe is that you have to pay for wifi. We heard the muezzin from the Islamic Centre nearby on the first evening, and we worried that we would have an Istanbul experience, but in fact our sleep was never disturbed. Highly recommended if you want value for money and a comfy bed.

Room Tip: Our room faced the road and wasn't noisy, but you do have to have the windows closed - and there...

Dear Anny 454,

Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you and your husband had such a pleasant stay with us.

The team work very hard to ensure that all our guests have the best possible sleep in the best possible environment and I am glad to see that we have managed to achieve this.

I hope you continue to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Decent enough hotel. The receptionist was very helpful, even provided us with a map to get to the SSE hydro.

The room was very clean and the bed was surprisingly very comfortable. The free parking is an added bonus.

Plenty to choose from for breakfast. I would actually use this premier inn again.

Stayed: June 2014
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Dave B,

Many thanks for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and that the team were able to help you find your way to the Hydro.

I hope you enjoyed your concert, and that we can welcome you back to City Centre South the next time you visit Glasgow.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here for two nights over a weekend in May 2014. We chose this Glasgow Premier Inn because we were arriving by car and being able to park on site for free was advantageous.

The hotel was being refurbished at the time we stayed, so the main reception (which looked impressive) was out of action and we checked in at a temporary small desk near the restaurant/bar. We then had to make our way through a fire door as the temporary entrance to the main hotel where our room was located. While none of this had a significant impact on our stay, it was unexpected and slightly disruptive.

The room and bathroom were up to the Premier Inn's usual high standard; immaculately clean, comfortable bed, simple functional furniture, powerful shower with plenty of hot water, good TV etc.

We were happy with our stay given the rate we paid. I don't know if this took into account the planned disruption, but had we not got such a good rate I would have expected to be compensated for this.

If we were driving to Glasgow in future, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Michael J,

Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and that the bedroom in particular lived up to expectation.

I note your comments regarding the refurbishment and it has been an unfortunate, but nescessary operation in order fopr us to continue to delivere the best possible service to the guests.

I hope you get the chance to visit our hotel again, and enjoy the newly refurbished Glasgow City Centre South.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

As part of a trip to walk the West Highland Way, our school booked us at the Premier Inn City Centre South for the first night before we set off for the hike. All in all, a really good hotel! The rooms were very comfortable, the food was great and the breakfast was amazing! The staff were very friendly as well. Wi-Fi was reasonable too, 3 pounds for 24 hours which was excellent. Overall, a very good stay and a great first night in Scotland.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Rishi P,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you had such a pleassant stay and that the hotel managed to live up to your expectations.

We work very hard to make sure all our guests have the best possible experience through a good night sleep and warm genuine service.

I hope your West Highland Way experience was one to remember, and hopefully, we can welcome you back in the future.