“just one night” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
London, United Kingdom
“just one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived at the hotel abt 10:15pm on a friday night after a long drive up from london, to attend a wedding. We only stayed one night and There were still a few places open to find various fast food (my family wanted the fish suppers , found a place that was friendly and food was good "Hot and Spicy" I think it's called and is only about a 5-8 minute walk from the hotel)
The hotel was pretty easy to locate off the motorway and is pretty much bang in the middle of glasgow, so very central to all other areas of glasgow (everywhere in glasgow is 10 mins from this hotel lol).
The area generally appears fairly quiet, there were hardly any people walking around even though it was only abt 11:30pm.
Room was as you would expect from Premier Inn, the usual colours and nice comy bed, no bath tub just a roomy shower (didn't bother us but others might prefer bath tubs), not sure what time the bar closes but I'm sure it was still open at nearly 2am.
I would recomend this hotel and another advantage it has over other Premier Inns around glasgow is that you get free parking here, at others you could be paying £12 per night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear JSagoo,

Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the bedroom was of satisfaction to you.
The team work very hard to ensure that all our bedrooms are an exceptional standard and they will be delighted to read your comments.

I am also glad our local takeaways met with your satisfaction.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Stoke-on-Trent, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Hotels are 50% comfort and facilities and 50% location.. And I'm afraid this location is not good. Stayed here on business last week when other hotels I stay in we're full. Won't stay again. Long walk from the station to be met by temporary reception( admittedly this will change). Rest was usual Premier Inn stuff so ok for quick stop over but that location....... :( many hotels in the middle of glasgow for not much more.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve1766
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Steve1766,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I am sorry that you did not experience a good stay with us due to the location of the hotel.

Glasgow City Centre South is located near to an underground station and several convenient bus routes. The reception team are always more than happy to help with directions and local knowledge of the quickest foot paths to the main transport hubs. Should you stay again, we will be more than happy to help you.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Although when we arrived the reception was being upgraded the temporary reception worked well. The service was excellent and everything was explained clearly. local knowledge of good restaurants was also useful. The room was spotless and very comfortable, it was that comfortable that at some point through the night I thought I was home! if I am stopping over at Glasgow again I will be using this hotel again. Highly Recommended

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Gosh, I am surprised by some of the adverse reviews here on TA for this property. My wife and I stayed here on a Friday night whilst en-route to Argyll.

OK, so it is not in the poshest area of Glasgow (!), and there is some renovation work ongoing. However, to give Premier Inn staff their due, I received a phone call the day before to check we were aware. I am not sure what I would have done if unhappy about this, but since we were not going to be dining at the hotel - just staying in the bedroom for one night - this was not of concern to us.

Upon arriving in the car park, we heard some shouting from a nearby window in what seemed to be the same building. However, we need not have worried, as the staff assured us this was student accommodation totally separate to the hotel. Sure enough, our room was nowhere near that part of the building, and our room was quiet enough - well until the sounds of the Radio 1 Big Weekend drifted through from the other side of the Clyde! That was early in the evening however, and did not cause us any problems when we came back to the hotel to sleep.

The room itself was classic Premier Inn: everything you need, clean, but not fussy or over luxurious. For £29 for two of us for the night, we could not go wrong.

OK, the public parts of the building were a little dusty where the works were ongoing, but the staff were very friendly and helpful.

We have stayed at the Premier Inn, Dumbarton before on this journey, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here at the Glasgow South hotel. The location is first-class for accessing the city centre for a night out, it is easy to find and access, and has friendly and helpful staff. For a road-trip one-night stop, what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Rooms to the west-end of the hotel may be quieter, since they are further from the adjacent student...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jon_069
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

This property and staff was the worst experience that I've had in the past 10 years. It's not just one person the entire staff and management team don't seem to care. Stay at a Premier Inn...Just not this one. I recommend the Glasgow Holiday Inn Express it's in a better/more central location and from what I saw they seem to care about the customer. All I can say is; you have been warned.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank serasphoto
Dear Serasphoto,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Glasgow City Centre South. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your concerns and hopefully restore your faith in us.
My email is operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Ayrshire,Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great for what we needed it for,just far enough from hydro but not too far .
The staff was very helpful and cheery,nothing was a bother,when we wer there it was getting a facelift,didn't make a difference all went like clockwork.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Arrived the night of the 2nd of June. Car park enterance seemed a bit confusing to start with and filled with vans. Nightmare trying to reverse not to mention finding a space to leave the car. Was bit disapointted about the restaurant situation along with bar and reception. Consideration to the refurbishing team, however I don't think I liked the atmosphere things seemed out of place and a bit messy. In all due respect to the staff, I felt a bit of a burden to the first lid of staff we were 'greeted' (hahah) by on arrival. They seemed a bit off. Putting that aside, the room had a lovely comfy bed, fair sized tv and not bad sized room. The hdmi connecters built in the wall are bliss for watching dvds etc. However during our fist day after arrival the nigh before, we had gone shopping after we arrived and bought glasses. Only to find one missing the following day we came back to the room. Spoke to head of laundry and housekeeping who was quite attentive to put needs. Althought even she couldn't seem to find the missing glass. Fine it's only a glass but it was quite a unique sort of stemless design therefore you wouldn't of thought to be confused with the bars glasses...but clearly am wrong.
Perhaps am just not a city girl, seen as we usually and only have stayed in premier ins a good 20-30 minutes away from the main city centre area. We stayed ina closer one to city to be near the SECC but that wee bit of distance out the city make the staff seem to be much nicer who smile and make you feel welcome.
Definately not gunna be forking out another £123 for this hotel. Much rathered to stay further out of city next time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kara R
Dear Kara R,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am sorry that you had issues during our refurbishment and would like the chance to discuss your concerns with you.
My email address is operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.
I hope I have the opportunity to recover service and your faith in Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.