“Business Stop”

Ranked #20 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Business Stop”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Although when we arrived the reception was being upgraded the temporary reception worked well. The service was excellent and everything was explained clearly. local knowledge of good restaurants was also useful. The room was spotless and very comfortable, it was that comfortable that at some point through the night I thought I was home! if I am stopping over at Glasgow again I will be using this hotel again. Highly Recommended

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Yorkshire
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Gosh, I am surprised by some of the adverse reviews here on TA for this property. My wife and I stayed here on a Friday night whilst en-route to Argyll.

OK, so it is not in the poshest area of Glasgow (!), and there is some renovation work ongoing. However, to give Premier Inn staff their due, I received a phone call the day before to check we were aware. I am not sure what I would have done if unhappy about this, but since we were not going to be dining at the hotel - just staying in the bedroom for one night - this was not of concern to us.

Upon arriving in the car park, we heard some shouting from a nearby window in what seemed to be the same building. However, we need not have worried, as the staff assured us this was student accommodation totally separate to the hotel. Sure enough, our room was nowhere near that part of the building, and our room was quiet enough - well until the sounds of the Radio 1 Big Weekend drifted through from the other side of the Clyde! That was early in the evening however, and did not cause us any problems when we came back to the hotel to sleep.

The room itself was classic Premier Inn: everything you need, clean, but not fussy or over luxurious. For £29 for two of us for the night, we could not go wrong.

OK, the public parts of the building were a little dusty where the works were ongoing, but the staff were very friendly and helpful.

We have stayed at the Premier Inn, Dumbarton before on this journey, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here at the Glasgow South hotel. The location is first-class for accessing the city centre for a night out, it is easy to find and access, and has friendly and helpful staff. For a road-trip one-night stop, what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Rooms to the west-end of the hotel may be quieter, since they are further from the adjacent student...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jon_069
United States
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This property and staff was the worst experience that I've had in the past 10 years. It's not just one person the entire staff and management team don't seem to care. Stay at a Premier Inn...Just not this one. I recommend the Glasgow Holiday Inn Express it's in a better/more central location and from what I saw they seem to care about the customer. All I can say is; you have been warned.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank serasphoto
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Serasphoto,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Glasgow City Centre South. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your concerns and hopefully restore your faith in us.
My email is operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Ayrshire,Scotland
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great for what we needed it for,just far enough from hydro but not too far .
The staff was very helpful and cheery,nothing was a bother,when we wer there it was getting a facelift,didn't make a difference all went like clockwork.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Arrived the night of the 2nd of June. Car park enterance seemed a bit confusing to start with and filled with vans. Nightmare trying to reverse not to mention finding a space to leave the car. Was bit disapointted about the restaurant situation along with bar and reception. Consideration to the refurbishing team, however I don't think I liked the atmosphere things seemed out of place and a bit messy. In all due respect to the staff, I felt a bit of a burden to the first lid of staff we were 'greeted' (hahah) by on arrival. They seemed a bit off. Putting that aside, the room had a lovely comfy bed, fair sized tv and not bad sized room. The hdmi connecters built in the wall are bliss for watching dvds etc. However during our fist day after arrival the nigh before, we had gone shopping after we arrived and bought glasses. Only to find one missing the following day we came back to the room. Spoke to head of laundry and housekeeping who was quite attentive to put needs. Althought even she couldn't seem to find the missing glass. Fine it's only a glass but it was quite a unique sort of stemless design therefore you wouldn't of thought to be confused with the bars glasses...but clearly am wrong.
Perhaps am just not a city girl, seen as we usually and only have stayed in premier ins a good 20-30 minutes away from the main city centre area. We stayed ina closer one to city to be near the SECC but that wee bit of distance out the city make the staff seem to be much nicer who smile and make you feel welcome.
Definately not gunna be forking out another £123 for this hotel. Much rathered to stay further out of city next time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kara R
Dear Kara R,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am sorry that you had issues during our refurbishment and would like the chance to discuss your concerns with you.
My email address is operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.
I hope I have the opportunity to recover service and your faith in Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Good place to stay if coming by car - easy to find, free parking and a shortish walk into the city or to subway (Bridge Street). Friendly staff and the usual Premier Inn value for money. Being refurbished at present so we got a refurbed room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My daughter and I have stayed here before refurbishment, during refurbishment and have already booked for later this year and think it is the best Premier we have stayed in, they have lovely friendly staff, great location and parking. we find it great value and we always look forward to breakfast. We recommend staying here

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 627Dianne
Dear 627Dianne,

Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you stay with us regularly and appreciate your patience during the refurbishment works.
The team work very hard to make sure that all our guests feel well looked after, and they will be happy to read your comments.
I am sure you will be delighted with the new look City South when you return and I look forward to welcoming you.