“Great value hotel near the city”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #19 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I regularly stay here while in Glasgow for football matches. It's possible the best value hotel in the city. The area looks dodgy at first but it's very safe really and very quiet. The hotel is very modern and clean and is located just a ten minute walk to the city centre. The Brazen Head bar is just around the corner which is a great spot for a few pints and live music before or after games. Room itself is basic but very clean. Beds are perfect. It has everything you need really. The breakfast is great if you're going for the all you can eat option. You're much better off staying here then paying extra for an older hotel right in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

While the room was as comfortable as ever - and the shower fantastic! - there seemed to have been a drop in the standard of service in general.
Housekeeping weren't as attentive as they had been on previous visits, silly little things like the bed being made but the runner for the bottom of the bed left lying on the floor.
The reception staff were excellent as always but the seating area seemed to be a little neglected by the bar / waiting staff - we went down to the lounge for a drink one evening at around 5pm and there was an empty table nearby needing cleared of glasses, cutlery, napkins etc where someone had clearly had a meal. We had a couple of drinks and left the lounge - then passed at around 8pm and only the glasses had been taken away! Again only little things but unnecessary to have the place untidy when there seemed to be adequate staff to cope.
The worst thing about our stay this time was the breakfast. While the continental selection was fantastic with plenty to choose from, the 'hot buffet' was anything but hot. Everything was consistently cold!! If I was to eat a full breakfast I certainly would want it to be hot, I'd even accept warm! But this was just not kept hot at all despite the hotlights over the buffet and I was even more disappointed that when staff cleared away my practically untouched plate of food they never thought to ask if there had been a reason for me not eating it.
Apart from the breakfast issue, only little things that made me think perhaps there were a lot of new staff since our last visit, so we'll certainly stay again - I just won't pay for a hot breakfast!

Room Tip: never had a problem with noise on any side of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here on 2/11/12. I was very impressed with the size of the room and the fact my friend and i had a double bed each! The room was nice, clean and modern. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only negative was the noise from passing cars outside. I would recommend this hotel to a friend as it is a good hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We only stayed for a quick over nighter but the staff were lovely and welcoming, the hotel was modern and clean and the mattresses were amazing!! Fantastic shower as well, all you need for a business over night stay.

Would perhaps have liked more channels available on the TV but really weren't there for too long. The all you can eat breakfasts are AMAAAZING, well worth it!

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here on sat 10/11/12 booked two rooms for a business meeting in Glasgow thought the bar prices were a bit inflated was also realy annoyed that even though they have a 12 o'clock check out the cleaner batters your door at 9 am to get you out your room I have stayed here about 10 times and I realy think the standards are slipping in what has always been a very pleasant hotel On the plus side the lady on reception did apologie but after a late night it didn't make up for the un wanted alarm call

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

First night's stay was great, nice room friendly helpful staff and lovely meal in restaurant. Good breakfast next morning then we were out all day until 10.00pm. Arrived back in room no beds made, no tea and coffee and the music was so loud I thought it was in the bathroom.
Phoned reception and no other rooms available... Was told it would be off by 12.30 - 12.45 eventually at 1.11am it finished - no good night sleep guaranteed then..
Would definitely not stay in this hotel on a weekend unless it was in a room with no noise.. spoilt my weekend away.

• Stayed: November 2012
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this due to the noise disturbances you encountered throughout your stay.

Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our first stay in a Premier Inn, what a pleasant stay. The accommodation was great, friendly staff and a really nice, clean and modern room. We had a fantastic stay and decided to take a breakfast in the morning, which is a buffet, good choice of all what you can wish for and it all tasted fresh. I would recommend everyone to stay there, as it was good. This will definitely not our last stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple