I booked to stay in this Premier Inn on the back of a really good experience at the Premier Inn at Edinburgh airport recently. I was initially a bit wary because of a very bad experience we had here a couple of years ago but my fears were totally unfounded and I must say I was very impressed with everything this time.
The Reception staff were friendly, concerned and attentive and always took the time to speak. I was origonally only there for 2 nights but because of a change of plan, had to extend my stay to 5 nights. It was lovely coming back here every evening. The room was huge, the beds really comfortable and I slept better than I have in ages. Our room faced the main street but I heard no noise at all.
The bathroom was bright, shiny and clean and the shower was powerful and reviving. Lovely.
We ate only once in the restaurant and the meal was prefectly good - although they had run out of a few things that night.
The location is fab if you have a car - you do not pay for parking (a rarity in Glasgow) and the hotel is on a major route. The car park is spacious and safe.
It is really handy for Glasgow Royal Infirmary (we needed to be near here) and is a short 10 minute walk to the city centre. The surrounding area is probabaly not the most genteel but it's not the worst either. I never felt afraid walking about like some reviewers have posted.
We usually stay in the more expensive hotels when we come to Glasgow but I was fed up with paying their exhorbitant parking fees and decided to give the Premier Inn another go to see if it had got any better - and I am so pleased I did.
This hotel is not fancy or pretentious but you get really good value for money and you will be very comfortable. Unlike a lot of the other (more expensive) places I've stayed in in Glasgow, you really feel as though they actually want you there and want to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Well done Premier Inn City Centre South - a huge turnaround in service and we'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scotland's first and only curved hotel - 5 min walk from the main attractions of Glasgow City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Premier Inn, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel Glasgow
- Tulip Glasgow
- Glasgow Premier Inn
- Tulip Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel Scotland