“Really impressed with this Premier Inn this time - thank you”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I booked to stay in this Premier Inn on the back of a really good experience at the Premier Inn at Edinburgh airport recently. I was initially a bit wary because of a very bad experience we had here a couple of years ago but my fears were totally unfounded and I must say I was very impressed with everything this time.
The Reception staff were friendly, concerned and attentive and always took the time to speak. I was origonally only there for 2 nights but because of a change of plan, had to extend my stay to 5 nights. It was lovely coming back here every evening. The room was huge, the beds really comfortable and I slept better than I have in ages. Our room faced the main street but I heard no noise at all.
The bathroom was bright, shiny and clean and the shower was powerful and reviving. Lovely.
We ate only once in the restaurant and the meal was prefectly good - although they had run out of a few things that night.
The location is fab if you have a car - you do not pay for parking (a rarity in Glasgow) and the hotel is on a major route. The car park is spacious and safe.
It is really handy for Glasgow Royal Infirmary (we needed to be near here) and is a short 10 minute walk to the city centre. The surrounding area is probabaly not the most genteel but it's not the worst either. I never felt afraid walking about like some reviewers have posted.
We usually stay in the more expensive hotels when we come to Glasgow but I was fed up with paying their exhorbitant parking fees and decided to give the Premier Inn another go to see if it had got any better - and I am so pleased I did.
This hotel is not fancy or pretentious but you get really good value for money and you will be very comfortable. Unlike a lot of the other (more expensive) places I've stayed in in Glasgow, you really feel as though they actually want you there and want to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Well done Premier Inn City Centre South - a huge turnaround in service and we'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TAmember8

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Had a very good stay, as expected this Premier Inn ticks all the boxes, clean comfy rooms, big bed,even as a single i always have a double room,if i am ever here again i will book this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Hotel is located just south of the river with city centre access - I walked from Central Station in about 10-15 minutes. I chose this location as it was very handy for a concert at the O2 Academy. Check in was pleasant and efficient - Premier Inn has really raised its game in customer interaction... I've noticed this positive at all their hotels recently. Staff say 'hello' around the hotel, open doors etc. Room clean and sufficient - had a good sleep. Being slightly away from the centre, the room was one of their £29 bargains.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This premier inn can't be faulted, clean rooms, helpful and friendly staff and onsite free parking(not usually associated with city hotels)

Easy Check in procedure, room on the 2nd floor was clean, modern with good size bed, couch, flat screen tv and tea making facilities.

Batroom was clean with good shower/bath combo.

Bar at reception was staffed well and was a decent pint, didn't eat this time but food in evening and breakfast in the morning available. All looked and smelled good.

Check out was straight forward. 12pm

Location, Altho not as central as the other prem inn was a 10minute walk.

Pick this hotel if it's cheaper Than city centre or you need the free parking, you can't go wrong!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed January 9, 2012

a very nice hotel . didn't have a car but the hotel was fairly near the main shopping streets of Glasgow and also a few minutes walk from bridge street underground station

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here in November. Excellent staff & facilties. No complaints.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We found our trip to this premier inn fantastic, the rooms were great and clean. All up to date interiors, and a great sleep was had by all.

Staff were extremely friendly. Our only complaint is that because we had three children we had to buy another room as we had one more than was allowed in our room, even though he still sleeps in with us. Apart from that we really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011