“Good value for money”

Ranked #87 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had stayed in a terrible hostel the night before and was looking for somewhere better. I found this online, and it was only two train stops from the city centre. The receptionist gave me an eight bed dorm, but it turns out I had the whole room to myself despite the capacity for seven more people. I took a hot shower in the en-suite bathroom, impressed that the hostel provided towels and soap for residents. I slept very comfortably, the corridors were quiet and the room was clean. The next morning I was surprised to find complimentary breakfast outside my door, and really enjoyed the kettle and tea the hostel provided in the room. There was also internet, a TV set and a table in the room. The only two complaints I have is that the tap wouldn't turn off properly in the bathroom, and that the building was a little difficult to find. Other than that, I would definitely recommend it! For £9 per night, this is definitely value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed for one night here when we went out with friends in Glasgow. We were really just looking for somewhere cheap to sleep and this was it. The room was small but clean and bright and the bathroom was small but clean. The room was on the ground floor which is never ideal but it wasn't noisy. The staff were pleasant and we had no problems here.

It isn't anything too posh, but for the price it's great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Hotel? This is more of a hostel. I'm surprised the health regulations haven't shut this place down. As my friends and I arrived at our room, it appeared that we were unable to even open the door due to the fact that one of the bunk beds was directly behind the door. When we eventually got in the door we were in this little room; 2 bunk beds, a chair, a tv and a sink. One of the beds had a damp patch. I had other friends staying in the room beside me and they texted me to say that there was a syringe and beer can on top of the wardrobe. It was the place of nightmares.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank HollyBellaParis

Travelers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Bordeaux, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I really like the place a lot especially one of the staff - William Patrick - dead friendly :)

I think why my friend and I like it so much was that the 2 of us got a 4 person room at the front with views of the ark and down the street to see the lovely architecture and quaint church.

The room was wonderfully bright and spacious, clean, lovely high ceilings, a bay triple set windows floor to ceiling and sweeping cotton curtains with our own ensuite as well as tea coffee making facilities.

Breakfast bag was nice just a little cereal and fruit juice. Only real pain is that check out is 11am and check in is 3pm which I feel is excessive, especially if your flight is 8am so you've been up since 5am and have nowhere to go after carrying luggage around in the rain!

Also shower takes ages to get hot, but you will probably get there, probably.

As we had a late flight ( 21.50pm) the check out was another pain so we paid for another room for the night in the end which I think could have been made a little cheaper for us as we already stayed, leaving for airport at 6.30pm so really we paid for 3 hours extra!

The new room didn't have the same magic - it was at the back, a normal window and a little dark - but nicer ensuite. Funny thing was it was made smaller by a wardrobe whereas the 5 person room had none - funny :)

They have a hairdryer at reception. Maybe bring earplugs just in case as there is a boules lawn in the park too and they take to mowing it early!

Also they use IKEA sheets and furniture etc so made me feel at home :)

Good location, nice area around the park and if you continue on past away from the centre, but the bit between you and the centre is a bit rough and run down, a lot of closed down shops and huge amount of takeaways but seems fine.

About 3 - 4 mins in a taxi , loads of buses for £1.85 and taxi is just under £7.

EVERYONE is really friendly and go out of there way to help you

Room Tip: Ask for park view. Get your own ensuite
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hannah F
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Have stayed here several time for a week, its a very easy going place. Rooms are good but some suffer from facilities not working fully!! like the shower. Wifi is free but covarage can be intermitant. so you may have to sit on the stair well to get reception! Would have no problem returning but runs expensive in summer months (far to expensive!).

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel seem to have worsed wifi coverage regardless of floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ItsShoreRound
Charlottetown, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hostel provides no security. The front door was never once even closed during my stay, and the luggage storage that they provide doesn't lock. While both of these are by reception, the receptionist often was gone from the counter and left them unattended. There are no lockers or extra security features in the rooms, either. I actually had a large sum of money and an ipod stolen from me in my locked room while I slept. Staff did nothing for me, and told me I was wasting their time. Absolutely terrible customer service, and unacceptable. Bathrooms were hardly cleaned, and quite filthy every time I went in. WiFi was down during the majority of my stay, yet they still handed us all over the WiFi passwords telling us it would work perfectly. The only positive thing I can say about this hostel is that they provide towels for you every day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Mallory W
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Clean room, comfortable bed with clean duvet covers and pillow case, towel provided, coffee and biscuits, and a complimentary breakfast bag in the morning. I booked the £13 with 4 bed dorm, but I was given a 8 bed dorm. I didn't enquire further, maybe they didn't want us girls to carry our heavy luggage all the way up. Good receptionist service and very friendly staff! Only downside is the location, a little far from the city.

Downside, terrible wifi connection!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends