“A must try! You won't be dissapointed.”
Review of Barolo Grill

Barolo Grill
Ranked #93 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Situated on Mitchell St, Barolo Grill is two minutes walk from Central Station, Queen Street Station and the Buchanan St Underground Station. Ideal for a business lunch in one of our comfortable booths, celebrations and large parties, graduations and even just to take the weight off your feet while shopping with a well earned glass of Prosecco. The clue is in the name, as they say - and Barolo Grill is no exception. We pride ourselves on our top quality Scottish steaks, meats and seafood, cooked to perfection, and served with a contemporary Italian touch. Our extensive wine list offers the best in Italian varietals, and of course a superb selection of Barolo wines. We also specialise in superb focaccia and pizza, baked in our traditional Italian pizza oven and topped with fresh ingredients.
“A must try! You won't be dissapointed.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Honestly I can say that the food here was some of the best I have tasted. After a recent visit to Glasgow we were stuck with finding somewhere to eat after a hard days shopping. In entering the restaurant I was slightly worried given that we were the only customers at the time. Any fears were swiftly put to rest when I took the first bite of my main course. Whilst the service was not the quickest I have experienced (call me impatient im from London!!) I can forgive them because everything tasted so fresh. Thier version of linguini gamberi is highly recommended.

Will definitely be going again on my next trip to Glasgow.

• Greek first
gourock
“As Good as it Gets”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited for the third time and wasn't disappointed. The service,quality of food and the waiting staff were all first class. We had the set three course meal for under £15:00, choice of four or five starters and the same for mains. £5.00 supplement for sirloin steak (which I chose). The steak was "melt in your mouth quality" and expertly cooked and seasoned. Glasgow has a multitude of really good restaurants and Barolo Grill is up there with the best. Will be returning next time we are in glasgow

• Visited April 2013
Hockley, United Kingdom
“Nice meal tainted by the manager's attitude”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went here specifically for a steak.
Ordered some breads and olives but this turned up the same time as our starters depsite asking for them seperate. However all were delicious and hot so managed to munch ur way through the lot.
Then had a sirloin steak for main which sadly had a huge line of gristle running through it such that a 1/3 of the steak was not edible, what was was tasty, well seasoned and cooked as ordered. Now the portion size is good so I was certainly nearly full and not intending to make any fuss, so when they cleared the plates and asked if all OK I just pointed out the large amount of inedible steak still on my plate. Next thing manager comes round and tells me that is to be expected as all sirloins have a line of fat down the side (which I don't eat so had also left). There then occurred a discussion of me saying I know that, I'm not talking about that but this big lump here etc etc. Very bizarrly he then returned with an uncooked sirloin on a plate to show me the line of fat!! When I got slightly annoyed and pointed out that it wasn't the first steak I'd had in my life he then said no it was all the chefs fault, he was lazy and should have cut it out!
We got our desserts free but I was left bewildered!
Nice food- I would even go again

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal!!!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose the Barolo Grill for a nice Saturday night meal on our recent visit to Glasgow and we weren't disappointed!! Having had the luxury of eating in many lovely restaurants over the years, I would say I can be quite hard to please at times but I was certainly happy with our choice this time.

The service was a tad slow to begin with, I had to flag down the waitress to order drinks, but it was a busy Saturday night service. Also there were two partys at the door waiting to be seated when we arrived so we had to wait till they were seated before we were. There isn't much room at the door so this was a bit irritating, but understandable.

I can't fault the food however. My boyfriend had the pasta and bean soup which he raved about, followed by the steak with honey glazed veg and chunky chips which he also said was delicious!! I had the saffron and truffle risotto which I would defiantly have again and a side of Parmesan and truffle oil chips which were so yummy!

The waitress gave us a leaflet about some of the lunch/early evening deals they do which looked good value for money. We will most certainly be back when we're next in Glasgow.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We discovered Barolo purely by accident on a weekend in Glasgow and were not disappointed. Great ambience, buzzy but not too noisy and very attentive staff. The food was amazing - highly recommend the charcuterie platter to start! Really reasonable prices for excellent quality food.

1 Thank 16RachelF