“Warm and welcoming restaurant in Glasgow City Centre”
Review of Barolo Grill

Barolo Grill
Ranked #94 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Situated on Mitchell St, Barolo Grill is two minutes walk from Central Station, Queen Street Station and the Buchanan St Underground Station. Ideal for a business lunch in one of our comfortable booths, celebrations and large parties, graduations and even just to take the weight off your feet while shopping with a well earned glass of Prosecco. The clue is in the name, as they say - and Barolo Grill is no exception. We pride ourselves on our top quality Scottish steaks, meats and seafood, cooked to perfection, and served with a contemporary Italian touch. Our extensive wine list offers the best in Italian varietals, and of course a superb selection of Barolo wines. We also specialise in superb focaccia and pizza, baked in our traditional Italian pizza oven and topped with fresh ingredients.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Warm and welcoming restaurant in Glasgow City Centre - excellent food at reasonable prices with excellent service from friendly staff

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my partner for lunch today. What was intended to be an enjoyable lunch date out turned out to be a complete disappointment. The decor inside is lovely however the staff hugely let this restaurant down. We were seated without menu's or drinks orders taken & only served when we caught the waiters attention. We were then left 20 minutes with the menu's . It took 2 hours for us to have our lunch & we waited 45 minutes between starter & mains. Whilst we were in no rush, we were peckish & had expected an efficient service considering there were on 4 covers, allowing us to continue shopping. The waiter seemed to take exception to my partner requesting butter to accompany his starter (soup & a small slice of bread) and made him wait 5 minutes whilst he chatted to another member of staff before returning with this. We left after our mains & went round the corner to Carluccio's for coffee & cake, something we intended to have at lunch. I would certainly not recommend this restaurant.

Most definitely the poorest & slowest service I have received in a long time. I certainly will not be returning. £45 for a 2 course lunch therefore not paying for what you are receiving. It may be a ploy to increase bar bills by making service so slow!!!!

2  Thank MillyP78
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Having visited Barolo's sister restaurant, Amarone last month, we decided to try Barolo
The restaurant was quiet as we went between lunch and pre-theatre times - pleased we did as the ambience was lovely
The customer service was excellent and the food was very good
Not the cheapest meal but very tasty - we will be back

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Celebrated my birthday here this week with Son and OH and dined off the A La Carte menu. Had passed this restaurant many times and really wanted to try it. Staff were attentive but not intrusive. Food was different, imaginative even, couldn't fault the starters (although my filo starter was a bit too seasoned for me) and yet there just was something missing although I can't for the life of me put my finger on it.. For mains OH had the pillows of pasta dish which he said was delicious, Son had the kebab of scallops and prawn dish which he said was fine but would have preferred two kebabs rather than one. I had the sirloin steak with the roasted garlic and parmesan crust, the crust I was expecting round the edge but it was all over the face of the steak which made it drier than expected for medium rare, this was served on a bed of buttered carrot and turnip (swede) with celeriac mash on the side, veggies were delicious. We didn't have dessert just coffee which was served with biscotti. All in all a nice meal but as much as I hate the word "nice" that is what it was, not quite good but better than average due to the imaginative dishes you could choose from the menu. We could have chosen an early bird menu as due to time restraints we had to dine earlier than normal, or the 5PM menu could have been booked and I think these would have been really good value for money but as this was a special occassion we didn't want to be restricted. I will return to try one of the specials menus soon to try to prove my first impression wrong or at least to identify what was missing from my first visit.

1  Thank ChucknJoany
Reviewed January 29, 2013

looked at this restuarant a few times but never quite got round to go going until last week took up the early evening deal and was not disappointed - best risotto i have had in a long time (even better than mine) staff were attentive and there was a good atmosphere - will not leave it so long before going back