“Somewhere Between Average and Very Good!”
Review of Barolo Grill

Barolo Grill
Ranked #90 of 2,429 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Situated on Mitchell St, Barolo Grill is two minutes walk from Central Station, Queen Street Station and the Buchanan St Underground Station. Ideal for a business lunch in one of our comfortable booths, celebrations and large parties, graduations and even just to take the weight off your feet while shopping with a well earned glass of Prosecco. The clue is in the name, as they say - and Barolo Grill is no exception. We pride ourselves on our top quality Scottish steaks, meats and seafood, cooked to perfection, and served with a contemporary Italian touch. Our extensive wine list offers the best in Italian varietals, and of course a superb selection of Barolo wines. We also specialise in superb focaccia and pizza, baked in our traditional Italian pizza oven and topped with fresh ingredients.
Glasgow, Scotland
“Somewhere Between Average and Very Good!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Celebrated my birthday here this week with Son and OH and dined off the A La Carte menu. Had passed this restaurant many times and really wanted to try it. Staff were attentive but not intrusive. Food was different, imaginative even, couldn't fault the starters (although my filo starter was a bit too seasoned for me) and yet there just was something missing although I can't for the life of me put my finger on it.. For mains OH had the pillows of pasta dish which he said was delicious, Son had the kebab of scallops and prawn dish which he said was fine but would have preferred two kebabs rather than one. I had the sirloin steak with the roasted garlic and parmesan crust, the crust I was expecting round the edge but it was all over the face of the steak which made it drier than expected for medium rare, this was served on a bed of buttered carrot and turnip (swede) with celeriac mash on the side, veggies were delicious. We didn't have dessert just coffee which was served with biscotti. All in all a nice meal but as much as I hate the word "nice" that is what it was, not quite good but better than average due to the imaginative dishes you could choose from the menu. We could have chosen an early bird menu as due to time restraints we had to dine earlier than normal, or the 5PM menu could have been booked and I think these would have been really good value for money but as this was a special occassion we didn't want to be restricted. I will return to try one of the specials menus soon to try to prove my first impression wrong or at least to identify what was missing from my first visit.

1 Thank ChucknJoany

• Greek first
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“wait was worth it”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

looked at this restuarant a few times but never quite got round to go going until last week took up the early evening deal and was not disappointed - best risotto i have had in a long time (even better than mine) staff were attentive and there was a good atmosphere - will not leave it so long before going back

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited Barolo Grill for the third time and again had a great meal, good service and a very enjoyable overall experience. The grilled kebab of scallops and prawns was excellent.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Slow service”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Visited this restaurant for the first time last night and it will be the last. After all of us had arrived we waited over 10 minutes before anyone came with a menu or to take a drinks order. Menu arrived along with wine list and the waiter disappeared again for another five minutes before coming back to take drinks order. Only one of our party wished a starter and after finishing her soup we again were left waiting for our main courses to arrive. By this time we had bee at our table for over 1 hour with nothing to eat. Food not great,chicken tasteless and porcini mushrooms were over cooked. Won't be recommending this restaurant to anyone.

Glasgow
“Great pizza! Shame about the flies”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here to try the £15 (5pm deal) 3 course menu recently. After the waiter pointed out that the voucher I was for one person rather than two (the Mrs still insists on reminding me about this on a daily basis!) he kindly offered the same menu to her (otherwise she was paying!). The service we couldn't fault from start to finish, however as it was midweek, the restaurant was quiet.

For starters, we had the tasty leek and potato soup. This was followed by the main courses, freshly made stone baked salami pizza, plus breast of chicken in a garlic marsala sauce. Having been to Lombardi's in New York last year I never expected to have pizza so good in Glasgow. If your not a pizza lover however, and prefer small portions you won't be disappointed as the chicken dish seemed to go down a treat with no complaints. The only negative was the pesky flies, one of which decided to help itself to the glass of red wine I had! Nevertheless, we did enjoy our visit and may return in future for the delicious pizza.