“OK for a quick stay”

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #73 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Although tired and in need of renovation in places, this ideally located hotel was good value for the money I paid. The hot breakfast was limited for non meat eaters but the fruit selection was good.
My room was spotless but very warm - the AC didn't work but I'm sure this is not usually a problem with our UK weather!
The water pressure in the shower was not great.
The bed was very comfortable.
I would return if I need a central location for a quick stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,708)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Millennium Hotel Glasgow was a terrible disappointment, with the only redeeming value being its central location in George’s Square. Upon check in we were given a room on the first floor. As soon as the elevator doors opened we could hardly exit, as the carpets were being ripped up and replaced. Multiple measures of carpet were all around the hallway- including a pile in front of our room door. After climbing over the carpet obstacles we entered a room that was only a little larger than a closet with two single beds placed six inches apart. Having asked for a double room in addition to the annoyance and safety risks of the carpet renovations, we went back down to the check in desk for a room change where we were put on the third floor in a double room. Previous reviewers have mentioned asking for a room overlooking the square or else your own room will look over the train station, which not only an eyesore, is also very loud at night. We were blessed with beautiful, hot weather last weekend, however the out-dated rooms did not have working air-con. After asking reception if there was a better way to circulate the air we were given a fan, which may have mitigated the heat, if there were any convenient outlets to plug it in. The next night, after our room had been serviced, we noticed we only had one set of towels, so before heading to dinner we asked reception to bring up another set. Five hours, and one reused towel later they brought it up.

The rooms are quite shabby with unimpressive bathrooms and poor circulation. The front of house was not overly friendly, and in particular, one member of staff made us feel very unwelcome. From condescending answers, to facial grimaces whenever we came around, and downright ignoring us on some occasions, Suzie was especially part of our decision to never return to the Millennium Glasgow. Touting itself as a four star hotel, when it certainly is not up to those standards feels disingenuous, especially when there are so many other hotels in the area to chose from that can either meet four star standards or not promote itself as such.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The location is wonderful if you like city centers. Directly at the main city square , walking distance from two train stations and top high street shopping the hotel is perfect for travelers. Please try to eat at the restaurants surrounding the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Thanks to Chris on reception who pulled out all the stops and was most friendly and professional. We had a club room on the 3rd floor. The room was large and airy with two windows which opened and overlooked the activities on George Square.
Tea making facilities were provided plus a large flat screen tv.
The towels were soft and fluffy and more than adequate toilet items were left out for us
Everywhere was clean and well cared for.
Well done Millenium Hotel and all staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westlothiant
Reviewed July 12, 2014

spent 3 nights at the hotel room okay but if you went to the toilet in the middle of the night it is next to the bed and your partner got woke up with the light ,there was a large dressing room that would have made a better bathroom, we were on bed and breakfast and first morning very little fruit and no chocolate pastrys not avalialble asked the waiter said they would be out in 5mins waited 15mins,the waitress asked if we would like anything else my husband said another pot of tea we gave up after 10 mins,next morning asked for smoked haddock they had none so asked for a kipper which arrived a horrible small orange affair.we also asked for the code for there wifi to be informed you had to pay after what you pay for a room there a disgrace

Room Tip: ask to be put overlooking goerge square or you will over look the back of a train station
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 123scottishlady
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had high hopes of staying at the Millennium when I saw the pictures on their site. I stayed there for business meetings for 3 days. But when I saw my room i was quite dissapointed! I appreciate it's a building with history but it needs urgent updating / renovation. The paint on the ceiling in my bathroom is coming loose, there is a wooden toilet seat (I wonder about the hygiene) Old bath with the glaze also coming loose, water pressure is poor. I like high ceilings but in a bathroom it means - difficult for the tiny heater ! Too cold for me to relax in the bathroom.

Single glass windows although there is something like plexi glass in front of it. Luckally there were tick curtains to help keep the draft out.

The breakfast is dissappointing ! Small buffet, not a lot of choice, poor food.

Must say that the location right on George square is great, but I would prefer a hotel with warm bathrooms and better kept!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2014

But sadly not any more.To be fair .everything worked even though the hotel looked as if it needed a good going over with a paint brush- for the price it was OK
The location right on George square is great but I was closer to Queen st station than I imagined the station noises kept me awake.
breakfast was ok but I have had much better in other UK hotels
The staff wee both friendly and helpful

Room Tip: avoid my room - see view from my window
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business