“one night”

Ranked #80 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Stirling, United Kingdom
“one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Great location, rooms clean and tidy, staff nice but not over friendly,breakfast good. However, one room not ready despite it being after three when we checked in. Waited over twenty minutes for four cocktails on the Saturday afternoon as there was only member of staff serving the bar, snacks and people having afternoon lunch and tea. The young girl did apologise and I did feel sorry for her. She seemed pretty overworked which really shouldn't have been the case as there were a number of staff standing around doing nothing. Quite an early breakfast time on a Sunday too. But overall a great deal for an overnight stay in the city.

Room Tip: Not overlooking the train station a you can hear the anouncements, not great early in the morning.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Favouriteword

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hexham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

It was bad enough, having booked a double room a month in advance I was put in a single room, I asked for the room I had booked and paid for but was told that the "hotel was full up" I complained and the incredibly indifferent duty manager stomped out, hit the keyboard and stomped out, the apologetic (and rather nice and helpful I must say) receptionist said that he had put me in a double room after all.

En route to my room, the only working lift of the two was tiny, not sure you would get a wheelchair in there, more on lifts later. The corridor pretty, originally a light tan, was patched up with wedges of black sticky tape, which at least matched the heavy staining.. Room? I'll be kind and say tired, but stained, worn out and generally about to give up would be more accurate.

I went out for a bottle of water as there was no vending machine nearby - and that was a walk and a half late at night to find anywhere open. I got back and waited for the lift, as the doors opened a young "lady" was pulling her trousers back on, having clearly urinated on the floor. I know you caning blame a hotel for such disgusting behaviour, but even my comment to reception was met with no apology and more indifference.

Can I say anything nice? Well the bedlinen was threadbare, the furniture on its last legs, but the TV was decent.

Cannot comment in the breakfast, although I had booked and paid for it, and had the luxury of a late start the next morning, I was packed and checked out by 7.30 such was my disdain for this place.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that some genuine customers rate this place as four or five stars, frankly I find it hard to believe that anyone could give it three.... Find somewhere else in Glasgow find anywhere else in Glasgow.

Even stay in Edinburgh and commute if this is the only room available in the city

Avoid, you have been warned.....

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

When first arriving I was impressed by the location and the reception. However the rest disappointed me. Having to wait ten minutes to be checked in despite only one person being in front of me who only took a few minutes to check in. The receptionist just wandered around not doing anything despite looking in my direction a good few times. When he finally did call me over he asked my name then gave me someone else's reservation. His reason for mixing them up was because our surnames were similar. Despite there being two lifts in the hotel only one was working and took a very long time to arrive. The room had pretty bad lighting and the window did not block out the noise from outside. The staff in the bar were lovely as was the food however the staff in the restaurant where I had breakfast seemed snobby and like they would rather be anywhere else. Due to the outside noise I did not sleep well. The receptionist who checked me out was a lot nicer than the other and is an asset to the hotel

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Natalie G
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Lowlights of our stay included:
- a member of our group being given a key card to an occupied room
- an adjoining door between 2 bedrooms which only locked from one side
- a locked ensuite bathroom

The staff were very pleasant but that wasn't enough to overcome the issues. I would recommend that you book into another city centre hotel!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Kate H
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had been put in a very old shabby room when I first arrived on the 4th floor. After submitting my review online here and plucking up the courage to ask if I could change rooms the next day I was upgraded to a 3rd floor room which was very more modern and not stuffy as had been the issue on the 4th floor. Lovely front desk man called Marco helped with the switch and I was so grateful as I had another couple of nights there.

It really does depend on the room at this hotel so don't feel shy to ask for a room change. I think they're probably used to it by now!

Room Tip: Rooms round the back that face the train station aren't as noisy as you may think and definitely...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hanweiling
Ayrshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed one night here and was very pleased with the room and the location. Room was very
large almost like a mini suite with a walk in wardrobe area comfy couch and a huge king size bed
the bathroom was large and well fitted out all in all a very good deal at £80 per night.
Had to miss breakfast due to toothache, so I cant comment on the food, but I will definitely
use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great location, fantastic service from every single staff member that I came across.
Decent sized rooms, great food at the restaurant (recommend you sit out in the conservatory area for great views of St George's Sq). Will definitely look to visit again, when I am next in Glasgow. Thank you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business