Millennium Hotel Glasgow
$98
$92
$76
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$100
$111
$102
$84
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Glasgow Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$80
$74
$65
$46
$169
$165
1,762 results
All reviewsgeorge squarequeen street rail stationlarge bathroomthe heart of the cityfantastic locationone night stayexecutive roomvisiting glasgowpubsconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Attending a business meeting and got in by train from Aberdeen late evening. Had booked this hotel as was convenient next to train station & did not want to travel after 3 hours train journey post-long day work. Upon checking in, I was asked if I was a UK citizen, to which I was not and was asked to provide passport details as requirement for checking in. I was surprised as I have been to so many 4 and 5 star hotels but have never been asked for my passport as a requirement for check-in, and especially when I travel within the country without needing my passport since I'm a UK resident living and working within the country for several years. And so I did not have my passport with me and could not provide it. The receptionist who attended to me responded by saying that "it is (my) responsibility", despite my explanation. I asked for another person to attend to me as she obviously did not understand my repeated explanations. Her colleague who attended to me was equally as abrupt as she was. Not only was there not any apology from either one of them, they seemed uninterested with my explanation as though I was unworthy of their time. I am not sure if it was because I looked the least bit Caucasian or that I was dressed in a shirt with jeans out of convenience from rushing in after work from Aberdeen, but the manner to which I was treated and the manner to which they made me feel was shameful that this hotel is even worthy of a 4 star. Definitely no where near a 4 star service. The room is lovely but a nice room without a good service is pointless as I will never return to this hotel and will never recommend this hotel to anyone else.

Room Tip: I have stayed in Holiday Inn and Hilton hotels and they were so much better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Justine L
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room we booked was originally priced at £295 however we booked it for £68. I will never believe that the room was worth £295, in fact it was pushing it at £68. The room was a good size however there were cracked tiles, dirty lampshades and marked furniture.
It was a good central location and I believe this is the only benefit of the hotel.
Our room backed onto the station so we could hear all announcements from 6am.

1  Thank Kayleigh S
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Got a deal through 5pm for a two course lunch. When we arrived only one other table was occupied. Question of sport was all you could hear , maybe thats why the food took so long as the two members of staff were doing nothing else. We waited so long for each course and when the main eventually came we just could not eat it. The fish was greasy and cold and the chips were overcooked, also the steak pie with veg was not any better. Poor food and even worse service avoid this place when in town.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night we went to see Robbie Williams. Overall we had a poor experience but there were some positives.

Negatives,
- On arrival it took over half an hour to check in, although this could be expected because of how busy it was, however it did not appear as though the hotel made any effort to speed things along with more staff for example.
- The room we were put in was the equivalent of a rundown caravan bedroom. Although the bathroom was nice, the sleeping area was dated, had holes in the walls, the door had been kicked in and repaired, cobwebs on roof, and overall very small. The view was of the entrance shelter of Queen Street Station. Not the standard you would expect of a 4 star, and to make it worse my wife had stayed here before and paid the same price for a much nicer room.
- When we went to complain about the room we had another 40 minute wait to be seen. We were offered to move room if we waited more but we were out of patience.
- The next morning was when it got worse, we got woke up at 7 in the morning with the announcements at the train station, having two young kids (left with grandparents) we had been looking forward to our first lie in a long time. NO CHANCE. That was us up as there was announcements every couple of minutes.
- Just gave up on the lie in and went to breakfast and checked out. On leaving my wife took the chance to have another wee moan at reception and was told by Donna "What do you expect, we are a city centre hotel!", not very understanding response.

Positives.
- After check in we asked the bar for an ice bucket to keep a bottle of fizzy chilled for us getting back, and the barman took the bottle and stored it in their fridge until we wanted it.
- When we complained about the standard of the room we were refunded £50, which did help calm my wife down a little. The manager who discussed the refund was pretty cold with us, but Michelle who processed it couldn’t have been more friendly, perhaps the only one who genuinely apologised.

Considering we booked the hotel 6 months in advance, I do not understand how we ended up in what must have been the worst room in the building. Really wish we had just got a taxi home, but as I said we thought it would have been a treat to have a morning without the kids. Would never consider staying here again.

We were put in room 227, so if you ever check in and are handed that room you know what to expect.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 227.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Was very disappointed with this hotel. Suppose to be four star ,no way. Stayed in cheaper hotels in Glasgow and thought they were much better. Was quite disappointed as I paid for the hotel as it was my daughters birthday.Would have been more fed up if it hadn't been we had been seen Robbie Williams in concert.Our room was in much need up of a paint and carpet clean. Very tired. Bed was smaller than a double. Dirty windows and could not sleep for heat don't think air conditioning was working properly My daughter said it was the worst sleep she had had in a long time.Definitely needs to be down graded . One good thing it's next to train station.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family