“Great hotel but noisy at the front”

Ibis Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
wakefield
“Great hotel but noisy at the front”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

Nice hotel, check in no problem, very greacy bacon for breakfast, but lots of choice with all the other items on offer. I was at the front of the building above the enterence and this was noisy. I closed the window and thenm was a bit too warm. Apart from that no problems as I never have had with the Ibis chain

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to our listing, I do appreciate all the feedback and hope I can welcome you back to Ibis Glasgow in the future.
Janice Fisher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

You know what you get with an Ibis Hotel and this one didn't disappoint. Only let down was slightly noisy night with delevery lorries seemingly unloading at early hourse!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay but sorry to hear you were disturbed by lorries in the morning. I do hope I can welcome you back in the future.
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

You should know what to expect from an Ibis, the price reflects the sort of hotel experience you will get.
Positives: the location was great - minutes from the centre of town. The room was neat and tidy, the bathroom pod (especially shower) was great and the staff very friendly.
Negatives: the rooms are very hot, even when the weather outside wasn't! Avoid the brekkie - that was NOT so cheap and definitely nasty. There are plenty of places in town that do a great breakfast. Ask for a room overlooking the police station - my room was at the front with this view and was blissfully quiet. All my friends had rooms at the back which had a lot noise from a loading deck.
Overall, for the price I would stay here again - all I needed it was somewhere to crash after a wedding

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to our listing. I do hope you will choose Ibis again if you are next in Glasgow
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

Stayed 1 night with friends: good location but tricky to find due to the 1 way system. Solution is to find the main police station and it is opposite. No on site parking but they have a deal with a car park just around the corner. Breakfast was fine, room was quiet and comfy. Good value in the city centre.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
I do hope you will come back to Ibis Glasgow in the future but I am glad you enjoyed this stay.
York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

My first Ibis stay; a business trip. It was clean and comfortable. The room was quiet and spacious. Unlike other reviewers, I rather liked the modular plastic bathroom it was clean, roomier than most and the shower was powerful enough. The breakfast restaurant is basic and the layout a but confused but the food was OK. I did not use the broadband - 3g reception was pretty good.The hotel is about 10 mins. walk from the Buchanan St shops and the stations; there isn't much in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. All in all good value .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Thank you for your feedback , I hope you will stay here again on any return visits to Glasgow
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night for a shopping trip to Glasgow.

I arrived at the hotel after a 15 minute walk from the bus station and the hotel was quite easy to find. The check in was a 12.00pm but I arrived 15 minutes early, the receptionist was very friendly and let me check in early. Check in was quick and efficient and I was really happy with the service. She explained the breakfast times and how to work the internet in my room and was very smiley and genuine. The reception area was very modern and gave a great first impression.

I made my way to my room and had booked a double room with the extra payment for the in room internet and movies/music package. The room was small and basic but had everything that I needed. It was very clean and the bed was firm but comfortable. The view was awful and looked out on to a lower roof and an onlooking office block so I had to keep the curtains closed for most of the stay. There was a kettle and complimentary tea/coffee etc. The bathroom was also really clean and had a lovely big walk in shower. Overall I was really impressed.

I paid extra for the internet useage in my room as I did have some work to do while I was there and wanted to avoid bringing my laptop. It ws advertised as 'high speed' but this was only for the 3 main websites on the menu, Yahoo, Hotmail and Google. Any other websites I tried to use such as Facebook and the one needed for my work and it took an age to load so I eventually gave up and ended up using an internet cafe in the town centre. The movies were not too bad but not a huge range. I really did not think the package was worth the £9.99 per 24 hours I was charged.

In the evening I decided to try the hotel restaurant, I called reception and they informed me that I did not need to pre-book so just made my way down. Once in the restaurant there was no menus on the table and nothing to indicate how to order which I found strange. I went and ordered a drink from the bar and was given a men and told that I would need to order at the bar for food. The staff were working hard but very friendly so had no complaints. I ordered my food and it arrived after 20 minutes, it was tasty but the portion size was quite small for the price but this is to be expected in a hotel restaurant.

I woke the next morning after a good nights sleep, the room was lovely and quiet and really comfortable. Around 8.30am I made my way to the restaurant for breakfast. It was a buffet style and they had a huge range of bread, croissants etc and also fresh fruit and cereal. The coffee was also really nice. I was really looking forward to the cooked breakfast that was advertised on the website and posters around the hotel, this was the reason I paid the extra £6.95 for the breakfast. I was really disappointed to what I found, there was a choice of sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs and beans. These were stored in plastic tubs on a hot plate and was obvious they had been cooked in bulk at the start of breakfast service-6.30am! The sausages were just warm and greasy, same as the bacon and the scrambled egg was runny and really horrible! I think if you are paying just under £7 for breakfast it really needs to be better than this.

Check out was at 12.00pm but I chose to leave earlier to get some fresh air after the disasterous breakfast. Check out was quik and efficient but was not asked how my stay was.

Overall I loved the hotel, the only thing that spoiled it was the bad breakfast and slow internet, I really think this needs to be improved before I would return again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your breakfast and internet connectivity. Feel free to call me on 01412256000 or email me to discuss this further.
Kind regards
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

Stayed here for one night with my other half in January as we had an event in Glasgow and it made more sense to stay overnight than taxi home.

Used booking.com to book it, was pleasantly surprised, room was small but I always look places up before booking so I knew what to expect. Was a good enough size for what we needed though and I was pleased to find a huge wall mirror!!

There was a tv in the room which you could plug your ipod or phone into which was handy for some music whilst getting ready.

Location is great for clubbing or shopping in Glasgow.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay here at Ibis Glasgow, thank you for adding your views to the listing.