“good value for money, great location”

Ibis Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #47 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 16, 2010

nice clean room, heating was broken, good value for money, great location, friendly staff

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2010

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Glasgow. I look forward to your enxt visit.

Reviewed June 8, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed in an Ibis and have to say, they're probably not for me. I was stuck for some business travel to Glasgow and found this the day before on laterooms.com.

The Ibis is Accor Hotel's budget brand to position it, there is a more up-market Novotel from the same chain next door. Both are well positioned in Glasgow and it's easy walking distance to most areas of interest and transport links.

I do think there is something wrong with the whole ensuite units that the Ibis uses as a couple of other reviewers have commented they do smell. I remember the one in Birmingham being exactly the same. Something very familiar to a student halls of residence. It's a big wet-room type design.

The rooms are relatively clean, however have cheap and nasty looking carpet tiles and sparten looking interiors. There was no desk in mine just a fold out bed, but I think the desks are generally of a poor size - not really any good if you're on business. The air conditioning in Glasgow only works if the outside temperature is above 21degrees.

I found the rooms quite noisy, the doors dont seem to insulate much and I could hear what was going on next door, upstairs and downstairs - didn't get a good nights sleep in the slightest.

Not good for work - but dare say if you'e on a night out in Glasgow this place would be great.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
JaniceFisher, General Manager at Ibis Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2010

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of the hotel. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness so feel free to call me on 01412256000 or email me on h3139-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed May 29, 2010

We stayed at this Ibis overnight, en-route from Mallaig to Manchester. We like the Ibis chain because they offer basic, unpretentious accommodation at a good price, and this was one of the best that we've stayed in. The staff were excellent and the room was very comfortable and spacious. We especially liked the freely available coffee in the bar area, which was in addition to coffee-making facilities in the room. The only minus was the fact that we received a wake-up call at 6.00am which we had not ordered - very annoying after a long and tiring journey. Having said that, mistakes do happen and the staff were suitably apologetic when we complained. The location is excellent, very central and within easy walking distance of all railway stations.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Glasgow. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 22, 2010

we stayed here whilst attending the rihanna concert, the rooms were very basic. we got backfrom the concert and ordered some pizza and asked for some champayne, They had none and they only offered 1 alternative which was a white wine. we were all sitting at the table after our pizza and oneof the mums took the kids up to bed and we stayed. The cheeky guy at reception could see we were still there but was waving the bill about and said "whos paying this then" seemed a bit cheeky as we were still in the bar and still finishing our drinks. The rooms were quite clean they are very basic. The car park is on the main road which wasnt very good as we were travelling in 2 bmw's and they were going to be parked all night in the middle of the city centre, the good thing was the Police station was across the road, the con is you have to pay a parking meter if you park there before 6pm and have to depart for 8am or pay the difference in the meter.

wouldnt recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit at Ibis Glasgow, I am sorry that you were unhappy about the street parking and can suggest the secure multi storey car park on Elmbank Street for any future stays. All our guests get a discounted rate there which means you don't have to get up so early to feed the pay on display meters. Feel free to call me on 01412256000 or email me to discuss this further.
With kind regards

Reviewed May 17, 2010

I booked in here as a crash pad for a party nearby as I live outside the city, and this was just about cheaper than a taxi home after a few drinks.
Room was basic, clean and to the point, no frills but served the purpose well.
An ideal crash pad for an out of towner having a night out on the town.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Glad you had a good time at Ibis Glasgow! Hop to see you again.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

I enjoyed my second visit to this Ibis (three nights) in a wonderfully quiet room and I dined there on two evenings. Some items on the dinner menu were unavailable and the breakfast choice is limited compared with a 4 or 5 star hotel, but within its scope the food is good. The staff at reception are polite, friendly and helpful, although a little stretched at times by additional bar and restaurant duties, and the kitchen staff deserve praise for assiduously keeping the buffet topped up and tidy. The bedroom felt spacious, and the clean, compact bathroom with its generously sized shower is in my opinion a masterpiece of ingenious design, but no doubt a couple with a lot of luggage and perhaps not of slim build might disagree. I also noted that as I was far from the lift I could not be troubled by its loud computerized warnings about "Doors closing", etc. Also a slightly musty smell in the corridors seemed less noticeable near my room. So although I personally enjoyed three excellent days, I would class the hotel only as "Very Good" for the benefit of prospective visitors who might be unlucky or make higher demands.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself in Ibis Glasgow. I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Glagsow.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed 2nights & couldn't fault the service on arrival, the room & bathroom were very clean. We didn't try any food or the bar here. All staff very polite & friendly from front of house to the room cleaners. I did get woken up by a member of staff around 11.30 ish saying there was a fault showing with our room smoke detector which was annoying but he was doing his job I suppose(probably thought someone was smoking) all in all I would use this ibis again.