We stayed at the Ibis on the eve of the opening ceremony of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. As others have already said it is a simple, neat and efficient but basic hotel. For somewhere to lay one's head and take a shower it's just the ticket but don't anticipate any frills. In short it is all that one expects to find in an Ibis-brand hotel. No significant passing traffic or other disturbance despite its central location. It took us about 20 minutes to walk there from Glasgow Central railway station (note: mostly uphill!) on a gloriously sunny afternoon. I'm not sure I'd be so keen to walk in damp or cooler weather though. But £200 (major event room rate) was rather steep, taking really rather unfair advantage of visitors who have no choice but to cough up. This though is a criticism that can be levelled at all hotels in Glasgow rather than singling out the Ibis, but was enough to make my overall rating 'very good' rather than 'excellent'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Glasgow hotel is centrally located, between the business and shopping district. Just 2 streets away is Glasgow's famous Sauchiehall Street which has a wide selection of shops,bars & restaurants. The Buchanan Galleries & Princess Square are also within walking distance. The SECC Exhibition and Convention Centre is only 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is within easy reach of the M8 motorway, Queen Street, Charing Cross and Central Station and many more of the city's main attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian, Kings Theatre, Pavillion Theatre, O2 Academy. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel does not have a car park, however metered street parking is available which is free of charge after 6pm and before 8am. We also have a discount available for guests who use the City Car Park on Elmbank Street, £12 for 24 hours use. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant. Guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast, snacks available 24 hours per day or evening meals. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and internet. Residents can also use the gym, sauna and steam room facilities in the Novotel next door for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Ibis
- Ibis Glasgow City Centre Scotland