This hotel is in a perfect location for the Kings Theatre, restaurants and the city centre. Parking is a problem, but between 6pm and 8am on-street parking outside the hotel is free (other times its £3 an hour so look for cheaper parking at other times). Reception registration is quick. The rooms are cosy (small) but perfectly formed - large comfy bed and all the facilities of a mid-range hotel. The bathroom is unusual in that it is a small pod based room, but with a large, excellent shower. Why is it that some hotels have mirrors but no nearby electric plugs for the hairdryer! This hotel is very good, but with one huge drawback that makes for a poor nights sleep - BOY RACERS. The rooms facing the road had noisy cars revving up between 10.00pm and 1am; this hotel is next to the police station. When confronting the hotel staff next morning apologies were given and we were advised that the police were aware of the problem but that 'the car drivers were only congregating in the area and revving their engines'. During the night of our visit their was also screaching of tyres and what sounded like a driver practicing 'doughnuts' without an exhaust! The 15 minute guarantee that the hotel gives is only for problems within their control - not outside noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Glasgow hotel is centrally located, between the business and shopping district. Just 2 streets away is Glasgow's famous Sauchiehall Street which has a wide selection of shops,bars & restaurants. The Buchanan Galleries & Princess Square are also within walking distance. The SECC Exhibition and Convention Centre is only 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is within easy reach of the M8 motorway, Queen Street, Charing Cross and Central Station and many more of the city's main attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian, Kings Theatre, Pavillion Theatre, O2 Academy. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel does not have a car park, however metered street parking is available which is free of charge after 6pm and before 8am. We also have a discount available for guests who use the City Car Park on Elmbank Street, £12 for 24 hours use. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant. Guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast, snacks available 24 hours per day or evening meals. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and internet. Residents can also use the gym, sauna and steam room facilities in the Novotel next door for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Ibis
- Ibis Glasgow City Centre Scotland