When one member of hotel staff is rude to you it's unfortunate. When two hotel staff members are rude to you in could just be that they are having a bad day. But every single person you deal with in the hotel kind of acts like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay in the hotel, well that's a hotel to avoid.
The internet is not working. How can we fix this I ask. "I dunno" came the response. Apparently there was problem with the all the entire internet across europe. Which lets be honest is hard to believe. Can someone call me when it is back up and running? No came the response. I'm not exaggerating here. Just "No". I shrugged it off even though I needed to upload a file for my office back home. Nobody likes to make a fuss but when your room is not cleaned by 2pm in the afternoon you start to wonder what it is you are paying for. I asked the reception to have it cleaned. She said when the cleaners get time they will do it. Could she ask them to do it now? No.
Seriously this is just a poor hotel. With awful staff who are not being told how to treat guests. I know it's a cheap hotel but come on. Just a little bit hospitality would be nice. On these grounds I suggest you go to Novotel around the corner. From what I hear it's great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Glasgow hotel is centrally located, between the business and shopping district. Just 2 streets away is Glasgow's famous Sauchiehall Street which has a wide selection of shops,bars & restaurants. The Buchanan Galleries & Princess Square are also within walking distance. The SECC Exhibition and Convention Centre is only 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is within easy reach of the M8 motorway, Queen Street, Charing Cross and Central Station and many more of the city's main attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian, Kings Theatre, Pavillion Theatre, O2 Academy. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel does not have a car park, however metered street parking is available which is free of charge after 6pm and before 8am. We also have a discount available for guests who use the City Car Park on Elmbank Street, £12 for 24 hours use. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant. Guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast, snacks available 24 hours per day or evening meals. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and internet. Residents can also use the gym, sauna and steam room facilities in the Novotel next door for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Ibis
- Ibis Glasgow City Centre Scotland