Two ibis hotels in the last ten days,one in czestochowa Poland,5 star for an amazing stay with free wifi in room,Glasgow,you pay!why?
The team who served me were excellent and very professional which you expect from ibis staff,arrived just before 22.00 and the team could not of been more helpful,got a meal from restaurant even though we did order after the main menu had finished,great hot food and very tasty.
What lets this hotel down is the hotel just looks shabby,the reception and restaurant area looks like something out of a dodgy 80's night club,come on ibis,where's your French style bistro you get on the continent!
I know it's not a five star hotel and its a budget but ibis on the continent seems more to care about its image than we get in the uk,the staff do a fantastic job but are let down by the interior of the hotel.
Good news though,ibis have changed the beds and mattresses which now give a really comfortable sleep,my room felt a little dated but nothing a lick of paint wouldn't put right.
It is in a great location which does make it great value for money for anybody on a budget or flying in and out of Glasgow.
I truly like the ibis chain,this is a good hotel,great staff,great service but its let down by its interior,this report may seem unfair and picky but come on ibis,be consistent across your chain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Glasgow hotel is centrally located, between the business and shopping district. Just 2 streets away is Glasgow's famous Sauchiehall Street which has a wide selection of shops,bars & restaurants. The Buchanan Galleries & Princess Square are also within walking distance. The SECC Exhibition and Convention Centre is only 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is within easy reach of the M8 motorway, Queen Street, Charing Cross and Central Station and many more of the city's main attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian, Kings Theatre, Pavillion Theatre, O2 Academy. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel does not have a car park, however metered street parking is available which is free of charge after 6pm and before 8am. We also have a discount available for guests who use the City Car Park on Elmbank Street, £12 for 24 hours use. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant. Guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast, snacks available 24 hours per day or evening meals. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and internet. Residents can also use the gym, sauna and steam room facilities in the Novotel next door for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ibis Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Ibis
- Ibis Glasgow City Centre Scotland