This was my worst ever hotel experience in my whole life.
The poorness of the hotel was very evident from the very moment I stepped into the door, as I had to wait for nearly 10 minutes for a member of staff at reception to come, and then was told that they didn't have a room ready for me (I arrived 15 minutes before check-in time), so they asked me to leave and come back later.
The hotel corridors were not clean at all. The walls were not clean either. There were messy dishes and vacuum cleaners in the corridors, on my way to my door with no staff member.
The room itself was OK in terms of cleaning, the bed was OK but the sleep quality wasn't that good as I could easily hear the couple at the room next door, which they didn't keep quiet until around 2am. The shower was good though, a lot of hot water with good pressure but that's pretty average for any hotel.
The breakfast was awful, the selection was very poor and I found hair in their fruit salad. I didn't eat breakfast for my second and third days, but to their credit, they did refund the cost of breakfast for those two days when I asked for it at checkout.
The staff at reception were nice and polite, however, the cleaning and housekeeping staff were terrible. Even though I had asked not to be disturbed, one of the housekeeping girls was banging at my door early in the morning on a Saturday morning asking if I needed cleaning, and another one walked right into the room an hour later without even knocking the door. Then, I left at around 11am was out until nearly midnight on and the room wasn't cleaned. I also had another unexpected entry to my room later on Sunday, and another two knocks on the door, while I asked not to be disturbed, on Sunday and Monday for housekeeping.
The ONLY good thing about this hotel is its average location, it's not great as there are a lot of hotels in better locations, but it's not that bad either.
I do not recommend, and even though I'm coming back to Glasgow again in a few weeks, I will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Glasgow hotel is centrally located, between the business and shopping district. Just 2 streets away is Glasgow's famous Sauchiehall Street which has a wide selection of shops,bars & restaurants. The Buchanan Galleries & Princess Square are also within walking distance. The SECC Exhibition and Convention Centre is only 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is within easy reach of the M8 motorway, Queen Street, Charing Cross and Central Station and many more of the city's main attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian, Kings Theatre, Pavillion Theatre, O2 Academy. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel does not have a car park, however metered street parking is available which is free of charge after 6pm and before 8am. We also have a discount available for guests who use the City Car Park on Elmbank Street, £12 for 24 hours use. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant. Guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast, snacks available 24 hours per day or evening meals. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and internet. Residents can also use the gym, sauna and steam room facilities in the Novotel next door for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Ibis
- Ibis Glasgow City Centre Scotland