This hotel was a bit further from City Center than I expected but not more than a ten minute walk. Right around the corner from Sauchiehall Street.
The bed was fairly comfortable. Honestly, the true surprise for me was the amazing water pressure in the shower. Sounds silly, I know but it can be really hard to find that in European hotels. No problems with cleanliness or comfort.
It was a bit noisy (could hear our neighbors shower, walking, etc.) but I may have been more sensitive after spending six days in the quiet countryside. Also, we were there on a Friday and Saturday night so that probably also had an effect. The noise never adversely affected my sleep though.
I found it to be a very budget-friendly option walkable to the heart of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Glasgow hotel is centrally located, between the business and shopping district. Just 2 streets away is Glasgow's famous Sauchiehall Street which has a wide selection of shops,bars & restaurants. The Buchanan Galleries & Princess Square are also within walking distance. The SECC Exhibition and Convention Centre is only 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is within easy reach of the M8 motorway, Queen Street, Charing Cross and Central Station and many more of the city's main attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Universities of Glasgow, Strathclyde and Caledonian, Kings Theatre, Pavillion Theatre, O2 Academy. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel does not have a car park, however metered street parking is available which is free of charge after 6pm and before 8am. We also have a discount available for guests who use the City Car Park on Elmbank Street, £12 for 24 hours use. The hotel has a fully serviced bar and restaurant. Guests can choose from a cooked buffet breakfast, snacks available 24 hours per day or evening meals. Rooms are fully en-suite with walk in showers, tea/coffee making facilities, pay per view movies, mp3 connections and internet. Residents can also use the gym, sauna and steam room facilities in the Novotel next door for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ibis Glasgow City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Ibis
- Ibis Glasgow City Centre Scotland