“AVOID”

Ranked #111 of 127 Coffee & Tea in Glasgow
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I will avoid this coffee shop like plague from now on , I would consider myself a regular ie two visits a week but after seeing what I seem today has put me off. I was washing my hands after visiting the toilet when a female who WORKS in the shop (serves the food, coffee etc) came out of the cubicle , rearranged her hair and walked out .. Without washing her hands. How disgusting , she then served food on her return. Will never be back !!!!!

1  Thank Angdav88

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is the best coffee house on Byres Road, with excellent homemade soups, cakes and sandwiches. Sit at the counter by the window and watch Glasgow walk by.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Relaxing atmosphere, great place for catching up with friends, or to grab a coffee on the go. Helpful and friendly staff, and open late!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We popped in for a glass of wine and really wish we hadn't bothered. The staff could hardly be bothered to acknowledge our existence. When we were eventually served, we were given the wrong sized measures of wine and this was served in dirty glasses with cork etc floating in it. I was also given the wrong change and when I pointed this out the waitress barely looked at me and chucked the £10 on the counter. When I went back up to the counter to ask to have the wine replaced, my request was met with sighs and no apology. the new glasses whilst cleaner than the original were still not what could be classed as sparkling clean which at the prices they charge should have been the case. Normally I don't mind paying a bit extra for the ambience within Princes Square, but the poor service, dirty glasses and attitude of the staff made this a real buzz kill. There are other places within Princes Square that provide a much higher standard of service and better quality of experience. I'll be visiting them in future.

2  Thank belfastgirl007
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Two girls "serving". No smiles. We wanted to grab something quick to eat on a Tuesday afternoon. I had to clear my table myself which was piled high with dirty plates and glasses, it took two trays to clear it. Took dirty trays back and put it on the counter. I was just looked at. It was £20 for 2 coffees and a box of sushi (no ginger in the box) and the smallest salad ever. The girls put my sushi and salad on a tray and I asked will you bring my coffee out to us. No. You wait at the end of the counter. By the time I got back out to our table my husband commented that he thought I had run away. Poor show. Won't be back.

1  Thank Valentine-Martin